fourteen

14. Crying Wolf

After her overnight shift at the precinct, a tired Liz Forbes entered her house, and the scene infront of her amazed her.

The whole Forbes living room was a mess with feathers and empty packets of snacks scattered all over the floor, Liz's eyes wandered over to the couch, where she saw Brayden and Caroline sleeping, with Brayden spooning Caroline, her eyes then landed on the floor, where on one side laid Fae and Stefan, with Fae's head on Stefan's chest, and on the other side laid Damon and Kaitlynn, with Kaitlynn on top of Damon, like a monkey, a small smile formed on Liz's face seeing everyone, and not wanting to disturb them, Liz quietly went into her room, wanting to catch up on her much needed sleep.

The groups peaceful sleep was disturbed when Stefan's phone started ringing, causing everyone to groan in annoyance.

"No" Fae complained, rolling over to the other side.

"Go away" Caroline complained, turning around on the very small couch and wrapping her arms around Brayden's neck.

"I'm going to break your phone Stefan" Brayden mumbled, placing a small kiss on Caroline's neck.

Stefan ignored everyone, and without opening his eyes, answered his phone, "Hello".

"Hey" Elena greeted.

"Stefan" Fae complained, Elena who heard Fae's voice, frowned, realising Stefan and Fae were together.

"Sorry" Stefan said, walking out of the living room and into the kitchen.

"Did I disturb you?" Elena asked.

"Uh no, I was just at Caroline's with the others" Stefan replied.

"Caroline's?" Elena asked confused.

"Yeah, yesterday she got tortured by the werewolves, so Brayden decided we should do a group sleepover to make her feel better" Stefan replied.

"Of course" Elena mumbled, hurt that Brayden didn't invite her.

"Hey, so why did you call?" Stefan asked, "Is everything okay?".

"Everything is fine" Elena assured, "I just wanted a break from Mystic Falls, and was wondering if you would come to my parents lakehouse with me".

"Me?" Stefan asked shocked.

After Stefan left, Kaitlynn finally woke up, and for a brief moment she panicked when she realised she was literally on top of Damon, quickly Kaitlynn rolled to the floor, not only waking Damon up, but also accidentally hitting Fae in the face.

"Kaitlynn!" Fae snapped.

"Sorry" Kaitlynn apologised.

"What are you doing?" Damon asked, his voice full of sleep.

"Nothing" Kaitlynn replied quickly, standing up, "Caroline, I'm going to use your shower".

"Mmm" Caroline mumbled, moving even more closer to Brayden.

"Princess, stop" Brayden warned.