eight

08. Dead Man On Campus

Fae entered her, Kaitlynn and Caroline's dorm room, and immediately she was shocked seeing the amount of alcohol her two best friends had bought for her welcome back to life party.

"So, from the amount of alcohol I'm currently seeing, I'm going to assume and say this welcome back to life party isn't going to be a lowkey event" Fae said, gaining the attention of her friends.

"Absolutely not" Kaitlynn said, "This isn't just a party to celebrate the fact that you're back, it's also to celebrate the fact that we've finally managed to get rid of both Silas and Qetsiyah".

"Which equals a massive cause for celebration" an excited Caroline said.

"Which equals into a massive party" Kaitlynn added, "I mean, we're hoping at least, since both me and Caroline kind of haven't made any friends in college yet".

An amused Fae shook her head at her two friends, she then looked at the Forbes vampire, "I thought you were going to spend some time with Brayden today?".

Caroline sighed, "He wants one day to himself" she informed, "He even refused to talk to Stefan and Damon".

"Is he okay?" a concerned Kaitlynn asked.

"Honestly, I don't think so" Caroline admitted, "But we all know him, he'd rather suffer then open up, so I'm giving him today to get his feeling straight, but tomorrow I'm not planning on leaving him till he opens up, I mean I don't want to be clingy but I'm really worried about him".

"You're not being clingy" Fae assured, "Brayden is a stubborn person and if you want him to open up to you, then you're going to have to be equally as stubborn".

"Facts" Kaitlynn agreed, making Caroline smile at her two best friends, glad they didn't find her being worried for Brayden as her being a clingy soulmate.

***

After talking to Kaitlynn on the phone, Damon entered the Salvatore's library where Brayden sat, staring at the fire infront of him, Stefan having gone to Whittemore to spend some time with Fae, he still was having a hard time believing his girlfriend was back, only he knows how hard it was for him when Fae decided the first thing she wanted to after coming back to life is start college with Caroline and Kaitlynn.

"So apparently, we've been invited to a college party" Damon informed, he waited a moment for a comment from Brayden, but frowned when he said nothing, "Yeah, that was my first reaction too, then Kaitlynn promised a bottomless well of top-shelf alcohol".

Damon stood behind Brayden, eagerly waiting for a reply from him, but unknown to him, his words weren't being registered by Brayden, as he was too busy recalling his time in the safe.

"Brayden", a startled Brayden opened his eyes and saw his twin brother now standing infront of him, "You okay?" a concerned Damon asked, having never seen his brother like this before.

"I'm peachy" Brayden lied.

"How about my favorite reading chair?" Damon asked, gesturing towards the chair Brayden was sitting, a chair that without him even realising Brayden had ripped into with his fingers.

Brayden quickly removed his fingers from the chair and stood up, "Tell Kaitlynn that I appericate the invite, but I'm not really in the mood for a party".