nineteen

19. Pictures Of You

The three Salvatore brothers stood in their living room, throwing around a football.

"So, what has it been?" Damon asked, catching the football Stefan threw his way, "Eight, nine days?", Damon threw the ball at Brayden who easily caught it.

"Yeah, eight or nine days, I don't know, I lost count" Stefan replied.

"The fact that you lost count of the days Elena Gilbert has dropped a body, pretty much tells me she meant what she said at the diner" Brayden pointed out, throwing the ball at Stefan.

Stefan caught the ball, "So, what are we gonna do just throw the football around for another hundred and fifty years till Elena get's her humanity back? Because I'm cool with that", Stefan threw the ball towards Damon.

Damon caught the football, "She doesn't want the cure" he reminded, "She's going to start killing people if she knows we're still trying to get it for her".

Damon threw the ball towards Brayden, "Except we're not trying to get it for her" Brayden retorted, catching the ball, "We're trying to get the cure so Silas doesn't".

Brayden threw the ball towards Stefan, "I don't think Elena will understand that" Stefan said, catching the ball, "What if we make Elena want to turn her humanity back on?", Stefan threw the ball to Damon.

"So what are we gonna do?" Damon asked, after catching the ball, "Pull a Lexi, bombard her with emotions till one of them sticks?", Damon threw the ball at his twin.

"Yeah, if that doesn't then we go to plan B" Stefan said, "Lock her up, keep her sidelined until we figure out a plan C".

"Well your plan C should include a plan in which you help her when all the emotions she repressed since Jeremy dies come rushing back" Brayden said, throwing the football to Stefan.

"Well, then you, my friend, will be right by her side ready to help her through it" Stefan said.

"I'd rather die" Brayden retorted, "I'm not helping her, me being here has nothing to do with her, I'm here because of you, I could give a rats ass about Elena Gilbert, I'm only helping you, that's it, don't expect anything more from me Stefan".

After Brayden had walked out the living room, Damon looked at Stefan.

"Stop asking him to help Elena, Stefan" Damon said, "It's already hard enough for him to help you bring Elena's humanity back on, after what she did to Kol, he thinks she deserves hell but just for you, he's willing to help bring her humanity back on, so the least you can do is start being considerate towards his feelings when it comes to this whole Elena situation".

Damon then walked out the room, leaving Stefan behind to think about his words.

***

Caroline stood in a boutique, trying to pick out a dress for prom.

"That looks super hot" Fae praised, as Caroline looked at herself through the mirror.

"You think?" Caroline asked, turning to her two best friends.

"Oh, yeah" Kaitlynn said.