six

06. Lost Girls

Mystic Falls, Virginia, 1864

Stefan walked out of his house, waiting for their new house guests to arrive, he watched as a carriage pulled up and two girls were escorted out.

Stefan looked at the two girls and was stunned with their beauty, he slowly walked over to them, "You two must be the Pierce sisters".

"Please, call me Katherine" Katherine said, forwarding her hand towards Stefan, who placed a small kiss on the back of it.

Stefan turned to the other girl, who was standing behind Katherine, looking down at the ground, "And you are?".

The girl finally looked up and gave Stefan a small smile, "Kaitlynn".

***

After making sure Caroline was home safely, Brayden walked into the cemetery and saw Damon draining someone's blood, while being surrounded by dead bodies.

"Thanks for inviting me to the buffet" Brayden said sarcastically, letting his presence known to his brother.

Damon stopped drinking and looked at his brother, "You have your princess to feed you, I don't have anyone, so leave me be".

Brayden rolled his eyes, "You realise you're going to have to clean this mess up right?".

"I thought that's your job" Damon mocked, "I make a mess, you clean it up".

"I need to get our daylight rings back from our baby brother, or did you forget that sun is about to rise in a few hours?" Brayden asked, taking his phone out of his pocket.

"Buzzkill" Damon mumbled, finally standing up and dragging the dead body towards the fire pit, he grabbed a bottle of alcohol and started sprinkling it on the other ones.

"Hello" Stefan answered.

"Me and Damon want our rings asshole" Brayden said, getting straight to the point.

"Where are you two?" Stefan asked worried.

"At the sizzler" Brayden replied, "Damon just finished having a buffet, now where's our rings?".

"I don't have it" Stefan replied, " Where are you two, what have you done?".

 "Ah uh" Brayden replied, "This isn't our fault brother, it's yours, so you should be asking yourself, what the hell did I do, what was I think locking my two very angry older brothers in the basement to starve, whatever we have done, whoever we killed, is on you Stefan, not us".

"You both are being careless, how many more animal attacks is this town gonna believe?" Stefan asked.

"Don't lecture me, me and Damon know how to cover our tracks, we're not you" Brayden snapped, looking towards Damon, who was now lighting the bodies on fire, "Now, I won't ask again, where the hell are our rings?".

"I gave them to Zach to hide" Stefan replied, "Probably shouldn't have kill him".

"Do you think I'm an idiot?" Brayden asked, "Since you are being so stubborn, let's put a clock on it, shall we? If by the next sunset, me and Damon don't have our rings, I'm going to your little girlfriend's house and I'm ripping her throat out, while making you watch".