sixteen

16. There Goes The Neighborhood

"Double date?" Caroline asked confused, "You want to go on a double date with me and Brayden?".

"Look Caroline, things between me and Brayden are tense, really tense" Elena replied, "By going on this double date, I'm hoping we can settle things between us, his Stefan's brother and I can't have him hate me forever".

"Elena, Brayden won't agree to this" Caroline said.

"Please make him agree" Elena pleaded, "We're not going to do a lot, we'll have dinner at the Grill, maybe watch a movie together".

Caroline sighed, "This isn't a good idea, not only because of you and Brayden, but also because of the tension between Stefan and Brayden".

"Stefan won't provoke Brayden, I promise" Elena assured, "And neither will I, please, Caroline it will be fun".

"Fine" Caroline said, "But if Brayden gets grumpy, then that will be on you, not me".

Elena smiled, "Deal".

***

"There's someone in the house" Brayden whispered to Damon, as the brothers entered the boarding house.

Damon and Brayden entered the living room, to see Pearl and Anna.

"Hello, Damon, Brayden" Pearl greeted.

"Ever hear of knocking?" Damon asked.

"An invitation wasn't necessary" Pearl replied, "I'm surprised that no living person resides here, is it just you three?".

Damon shrugged, "Yeah, how do you keep out unwelcome vampires?" Anna asked.

"Kill them" Damon replied, speeding over to Pearl and holding her by her neck, causing Brayden to roll his eyes at his brother.

Brayden wasn't surprised when Pearl very easily removed Damon's hand from her neck, and threw him on to the floor.

"Idiot" Brayden whispered, pouring himself a drink.

"Have a seat" Pearl told the brothers.

"Pass" Brayden said, while Damon sat.

"I was hoping we could have a word" Pearl said.

"And I was hoping to have shower sex, turns out we don't always get what we want" Brayden said sarcastically.

"Are you always this vulgar?" Anna asked, looking at Brayden in disgust.

"Don't like it?" Brayden asked, "Then get out of my house".

"We've taken up residence at a farmhouse just outside of town, it'll suffice for now" Pearl said, interrupting Anna and Brayden.

"All twenty five vampires?" Damon asked shocked.

"Not all, some" Pearl replied, "I imagine that a few have already left town, others are probably still in the woods, or like us, acclimating".