thirteen

13. Children Of The Damned

Mystic Falls, 1864

"Please!" Katherine yelled, running over to the carriage that was making its way towards her, "Please help us, please, my husband, he's been hurt, please help him".

"What are you two doing out here? It's not safe"  A man said, stepping out of the carriage, while his driver ran to Damon, who was playing dead.

"No" Katherine said, veins appearing under her eyes, "No, sir, it's not safe".

Before the person could scream, Katherine had bit into his neck.

"And that's how it's done" Katherine told Damon, after killing the driver as well.

"What happens to the bodies?" Damon asked.

"We'll take them into the woods, and the other animals will finish them off" Katherine replied, Damon looked at the bodies, slight fear shown on his face, "Are you sure you're ready for this?".

"I'm ready, I want you to turn me" Damon replied.

"When it's time" Katherine assured, "Kiss me", Damon took out a handkerchief to wipe Katherine's bloody mouth, but she stopped him, "You should get a taste".

Katherine went to kiss Damon, but he moved back slightly, "I'm sorry" he apologised.

"Don't be" Katherine said, "Soon you won't be able to get enough".

For a moment Damon stared at Katherine, then smashed his lips on to hers.

"Katherine" Kaitlynn called out, walking over to Damon and Katherine, with Brayden, "What happened to not killing anymore people?".

"I was hungry" Katherine replied.

Kaitlynn sighed, "You're being careless, people are going to start doubting us".

"Relax Kaitlynn, no one's going to doubt us" Katherine said, "I thought you were showing Brayden how to feed".

"I did" Kaitlynn said, "But unlike you, I taught him eat, then erase".

"You're boring" Katherine said.

"No, I'm careful" Kaitlynn retorted, "You know what will happen if people find out us about, we won't just be risking ourselves but also everyone we know".

"Stop being so paranoid Kaitlynn" Katherine snapped, "We will be fine, now excuse us, me and Damon have important work to do".

"I wouldn't call having sex important" Kaitlynn snapped.

Katherine rolled her eyes at her sister, but without saying anything, she grabbed Damon's hand, and speeded away.

"You okay?" Brayden asked.

Kaitlynn sighed, "I don't like killing people, but that's exactly what Katherine likes".