three

03. Original Sin

An extremely hungry and delirious Brayden walked down the empty gravel road, after what felt like him to be years, he finally came across a bar, without wasting a second, Brayden walked into the bar where he came across the only bartender working there.

"Hey, man, last call was four hours ago, if you want some coffee, I could put some on or--".

"I don't want coffee, I want you" Brayden interrupted, veins appearing underneath his eyes, before the bartender could have even a opportunity to scream, Brayden had speeded over to her and bit into her neck, he was too hungry to care about this persons life, so he didn't stop drinking till the bartender's screams died and she went limp into his arms.

After letting the bartender's body fall to the ground, Brayden wiped his mouth but realised he was still hungry, he needed more blood, so he walked out the bar, hoping to find more humans he could drain, but as he stepped out the bar, his skin immediately started burning, he looked up at the sky and realised the sun had risen and without his daylight ring, Brayden was going to burn to death.

Brayden let out an painful yell and fell to his knees while the sun kept burning his skin.

A sleeping Kaitlynn was suddenly pulled out of her sleep, she let out a gasp and sat up in her and Damon's shared bed, the dream she just had of Brayden playing over and over in her head.

Damon, who was sleeping beside her, groaned in annoyance, "You must have restless sleep syndrome or something, it's like sleeping with a tornado", Kaitlynn didn't say anything, just took deep breaths to calm herself down, Damon finally opened his eyes, he lifted his head up and looked at his girlfriend in concern, "Hey, we were up all night, you're exhausted, come back to sleep".

"I can't Damon, I just had a really bad dream about Brayden" Kaitlynn informed.

"Oh" Damon simply said, not knowing how to feel about his girlfriend dreaming about his brother, who happens to be her ex-boyfriend.

"This time it wasn't a bad feeling about him, it was like I was there with him, experiencing whatever he was feeling" Kaitlynn explained.

"I know I said it didn't bother me that you have some psychic connection to your ex-boyfriend but I don't need a play-by-play, Kaitlynn" a slightly jealous Damon said, laying his head back on to his pillow.

Kaitlynn sighed, she laid back on the bed and turned her body towards Damon, "I'm sorry Damon, the last thing I want to do is make you insecure, but I figured you find out these things from me, then someone else".

"Fine" Damon said, turning to face Kaitlynn, "Tell me, I'm sure whatever's in my imagination is ten times worse than what's going on in your subconscious".

"It was just so real" Kaitlynn said, "In this dream, Brayden walked out the bar, the bar had a red awning with a broken neon sign, and then suddenly he started screaming in pain".

"Well, should I go check in the attic to see if there's a crystal ball?" Damon asked, "Maybe you can conjure up an address".

"Route 29, Joe's Bar".

Damon and Kaitlynn turned towards the door of their room and saw Caroline and Stefan standing there.

"I think Caroline and Kaitlynn both had the same exact dream about Brayden" Stefan informed his brother, Caroline, who stayed the night at the boarding house, having woken Stefan up because of her dream.