ten

10. The Sacrifice

Damon, Brayden and Stefan walked down to the tomb, last night Rose's friend Slater called her saying a witch could destroy the moonstone and stop the curse from breaking, making the brothers realise that they needed to get the moonstone from Katherine, which they knew wasn't going to be easy.

Damon looked at his brothers, "Let's do it" he said.

Brayden nodded, he and Damon stepped forward, and removed the tomb door.

"Please, come on in" Katherine said, seeing the brothers standing outside the tomb, "There's plenty of room for all of us".

"I'd rather poke your eyes out" Brayden said, giving Katherine a sarcastic smile.

"Mm" Katherine said, "But I have such pretty eyes".

"Clearly you doppelgangers live in a delusional world" Brayden taunted.

"We're here for the moonstone" Stefan informed.

"Feel like tossing it over?" Damon asked.

"Tell you what" Katherine said, "You get your little witch to hocus-pocus me out of here, you can have whatever you want".

"I thought you liked it in here" Stefan reminded, "Nice and safe, where Klaus can't get to you".

"I've had time to reconsider" Katherine said.

"Meaning you're hungry" Damon retorted.

"I'm starving, Damon, and dirty" Katherine said, "But above all, I'm bored, at least running from Klaus wasn't boring, so here's the deal, you get me out of here, you get the moonstone, and I'll disappear from Mystic Falls forever".

"Yeah no" Brayden snapped, "You're not getting out of this damn tomb Katherine".

"Then you don't get the moonstone, Brayden" Katherine said, a taunting smile on her face.

"Oh I'm gonna get the moonstone Katherine, even if it's from your dead body" Brayden said, walking away from the tomb.

***

"Hey" Caroline greeted, entering the Salvatore's living room, where she saw everyone including Elena.

"Hey" Brayden greeted, placing a kiss on Caroline's lips.

"What's wrong?" Caroline asked curiously, "You said it was important".

"We went to see Katherine" Damon revealed to the four girls, shocking them.

"You did what now?!" Kaitlynn asked.

"Don't get angry just yet" Damon said, "We have  information".

"What kind of information?" Elena asked curiously.

The brothers then proceeded to tell the girls about their conversation with Katherine and what she wanted in return for the moonstone.

"You guys don't believe her, do you?" Elena asked.

"Do we look like idiots to you Elena?" Brayden asked, glaring at the doppelganger.