two

02. Memorial

"You're making a big mistake" Damon told Stefan, who had taken upon himself to teach Elena how to feed.

"No, I'm not" Stefan said, "If I can get Elena used to animal blood right out the gate--".

"You're reaching" Damon interrupted.

"--maybe she'll bypass all the things we went through" Stefan finished.

"Delusional" Damon said.

"Maybe she actually has a shot at this" Stefan argued.

"Wrong, you're just wrong, Stefan" Damon said.

"She won't be able to handle it if she hurts someone, Damon" Stefan snapped, "Her compassion is her Achilles heel and everything is magnified right now".

"Then you better hope she's not a fan of Bambi" Damon mocked.

"As much as I don't give a shit about Elena Gilbert" Brayden said, entering Stefan's room, "I'm going to have to agree with Damon here, she's a new vampire, she needs to learn snatch, eat and erase, not from animal blood but from human blood".

"Oh come on Brayden, you and Damon both know what happens, you name a vampire who didn't kill at least one person when they were new" Stefan said.

"You name me one who went on a bunny diet and didn't kill dozens" Damon retorted.

"If she kills someone, she'll crumble" Stefan said, refusing to back down, "How much pain you think she can take before she shuts off her humanity switch?

"Stefan, if you make her down this animal diet route, then she will kill someone" Brayden snapped, "There's no question to it, you're not helping her bloodlust, you're just putting a pause on it and one day because of that she's going to lose it and hurt a lot of people".

"She can't learn to control the bloodlust if she's never actually experienced the bloodlust" Damon added, "It's a cheat, it's like giving a kid a calculator before they know math".

"Hey" Elena greeted, entering Stefan's room and frowned seeing the tense atmosphere, "What's going on?".

"Just having a little disagreement about process" Stefan informed.

Elena looked between Damon and Brayden, "You guys are still not on board with the animal plan?" she asked.

"Nope" Damon replied, "I say rip off the proverbial Band-Aid and let it bleed".

Brayden sighed, he faced the newly turned vampire, "I'll be honest, whatever you chose, I don't care, I don't really care about you" he said, causing a slight hurt expression to come on Elena's face, "But you are a vampire now, hiding from it, denying it, it's not going to help you, it's just going to cause you to lose control, you're a vampire, so start acting like one".

Brayden then walked away, leaving Elena with Stefan and Damon.

***

Brayden and Caroline were now in the woods, sparring together.

Caroline tried to punch Brayden with her right hand but Brayden quickly grabbed her wrist and span her around, causing her back to clash with his chest, and Brayden captured her wrist by her chest.