fourteen

14. Down The Rabbit Hole

Caroline and Brayden stood in the Gilbert's living room, they were still here to keep an eye on Klaus, when they got a call from Kaitlynn who was currently with Rebekah, Stefan and Fae.

"Tell me you're not serious" Caroline said, putting her phone on speaker, after Kaitlynn told her that Shane and Damon both had gone missing.

"Trust me, I wish I wasn't" Kaitlynn said from the other side, "Damon had gone to check out our surroundings but then he never came back, we went looking for him but when we got back Shane was gone as well, we think Shane might be working with the others, I mean he doesn't want the cure he only wants Silas and he can't do that without Bonnie and Jeremy".

"Okay so Shane ran away to Bonnie and Jeremy, where the hell did Damon go?" a confused Brayden asked.

"We don't know, we went to the beach to check for him where we saw signs of a struggle" Kaitlynn informed.

"Meaning what?" Caroline asked.

"Meaning someone probably jumped Damon" a worried Kaitlynn replied.

"Do you think Shane took him?" Caroline asked.

"No" Brayden said, feeling extremely worried for his brother, "Shane isn't strong enough to take Damon on, even with the element of surprise Damon would easily kill Shane".

"Exactly" Kaitlynn agreed, "We think Shane might have had help from someone else".

"God, I'm so sorry, I wish we were there to help" Caroline said.

"Actually, you two can help" Kaitlynn said.

"Anything, tell me" a eager Caroline said.

"Shane, Bonnie, Elena and Jeremy are looking for the cure" Kaitlynn reminded, "Shane left behind pictures of the hunters mark, only problem is that we can't translate the map".

"To translate the map, you need the hunter's sword, which is currently with Klaus" Brayden finished, glancing at the smug hybrid.

"Yeap" Kaitlynn whispered.

"He'll never give up the sword" Rebekah told Stefan and Fae.

"Yeah but if anyone can get him to give it up, it's Caroline and Brayden" Stefan said.

"Caroline will try her good way, if that doesn't work then Brayden's bad way will definitely work" Fae added.

"He'll never give up the sword, not even for Caroline" Rebekah stated, "He's terrified we'll use the cure against him to make him mortal, and even if he wasn't, he wouldn't want any of us to derive moments worth of happiness from being human".

"Well, maybe he doesn't have to give it up" Stefan suggested, "Klaus is stuck in Elena's house by Bonnie's spell, he can't go anywhere, there's only so many places you can hide a 3-foot piece of metal".

Brayden let out a frustrated sigh, having heard his brother, "We'll get the sword, one way or another".

"Just e-mail us the photos of the hunter's mark" Caroline said, "We'll find the sword and call you back".