twelve

12. The Descent

Caroline entered Brayden's room, only to see the middle Salvatore no where to be found.

"Brayden!?" Caroline called out.

"Hey" Brayden greeted, coming out of the bathroom, wearing nothing but his pants, from his wet hair, Caroline could tell he had just gotten out of the shower.

Caroline smiled at the middle Salvatore, she walked over to him and pulled him into a kiss.

"Caroline Forbes initiating a kiss, that's a first" Brayden teased, wrapping his arms around Caroline's waist.

"I missed you" Caroline said.

Brayden smirked, "Look whose being clingy now".

Caroline laughed and playfully shoved Brayden away from her, "Shut up, I just don't want to spend anymore time away from you".

"I'm great with that idea, however--".

"No" Caroline interrupted, "You are not ruining this moment Brayden".

"I don't want to" Brayden defended, "Trust me, I want nothing more then to spend this whole morning with you, in my bed, loving you, but--".

"But the one day I want to go with your plan, you have a different plan in your head" Caroline realised.

"I'm sorry" Brayden apologised, "But as much as I would love to spend the day with you, we can't pretend everything is okay".

Caroline sighed, "I know everything's not okay, but it's not that bad, is it?".

"I don't know if you remember, but Klaus still wants to use you in his weird ritual" Brayden reminded, "In my mind, that is pretty bad, princess".

"I remember, but Elijah promised me and Elena that he will keep us and everyone we love safe, as long as we do what he wants" Caroline said.

"I don't know if you know this princess, but I don't do what other people what me to do" Brayden said.

Caroline chuckled, "Trust me, I know".

"But that's not the only reason, I don't trust Elijah" Brayden said, grabbing his shirt from his bed.

"What's the other reason?" Caroline asked, confused.

"Remember when Rose kidnapped you, she told you that I said no to going on a date with her, because I had a boyfriend?" Brayden asked, Caroline nodded in response, "Well I don't remember that, as we all know, but when me and Elijah first came face to face, he knew me and he said that somebody compelled me, that time I didn't believe him, because I thought vampires can't be compelled, but with Elijah compelling Katherine to stay in the tomb, we now know that--".

"Originals can compel vampires" Caroline finished.

"Exactly" Brayden said.

"I remember when me and Elena were making the deal with Elijah, I told him I'll accept his deal if he got you out of the tomb, and he said that you're always getting in trouble, and when I asked him if he knew you, he said a long time ago but you don't remember it" Caroline informed.