five

05. The Reckoning

The day that Caroline Forbes has been anticipating since she entered high school had finally arrived, it was finally senior prank night. Which is why Caroline had forced everyone, even Fae to come to the school so they can prank everyone, this was her chance of distracting herself from Brayden and his thoughts and she was taking this opportunity otherwise she was going to lose her mind if she kept thinking about the middle Salvatore.

"Oh, come on! Seriously?" Caroline complained, as Matt entered the classroom and sat off all the mouse traps they had set on the floor, "Do you know how long it took to set this up?".

"Forgot about Senior Prank Night, huh?" Tyler asked amused.

"Clearly" Matt replied.

"How could you forget?" Caroline asked shocked, "We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year".

"Yeah, Matt, I don't even go here and I'm taking part in this" Fae said.

"You're saying like Caroline gave you a choice" Tyler teased.

"She threatened me" Fae revealed, making Tyler laugh and Caroline glare at her.

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this" Matt confessed.

"Caroline's making us" Bonnie said, standing next to Elena.

"We're about to be seniors" Caroline reminded, "These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't--".

"Create these memories now, then what's the point of it all?" Fae finished, "Right?".

"Go ahead and make fun, I don't care" Caroline said.

"You're all lame, and I've got ten more classrooms to prank" Tyler said.

"I'm coming with you" Fae said, making Caroline smile.

"I love you!" Caroline yelled as Tyler and Fae walked out the classroom.

"I know!" Fae yelled back, making Caroline laugh.

"Hey, where are you going?" Bonnie asked Elena, seeing her also walk out.

"To superglue Alaric's desk shut, I'm making memories" Elena replied.

"Yes!" Caroline said, "You do that, I'm going to put toilet paper all over the gym".

Caroline walked out the classroom, she smiled seeing Tyler and Fae putting honey on the doorknobs, she walked further and pushed open a set of double doors, but before she could walk any further, she bumped into a hard body, looking up, she was shocked seeing Klaus standing infront of her.

"There's one of my girls" Klaus said.

"Klaus" Caroline whispered.

Klaus smirked, "You're supposed to be dead" he said, "And if you're alive it means the doppelganger is also alive, so what are we gonna do about that?".

***

"Are any of you hungry? Let's stop for a bite" Katherine said, sitting in the backseat of the car while Damon drove and Kaitlynn sat in the passenger seat, after much arguing with her sister, "A truck stop, or a trucker".