ten

10. After School Special

Brayden and Stefan sat in the Grill, getting drunk, when Stefan's phone ringed.

"Hey, where are you?" Fae asked, walking with Caroline, "You just the missed the mandatory all school assembly".

"That's because me and Bray are at a mandatory drinking party" Stefan informed, putting his phone on speaker and placing in on the middle of the table.

"And why exactly are you getting drunk?" a confused Fae asked.

"Do we need a reason?" Brayden retorted.

"You guys, Tyler is already spiraling and he gets priority" Caroline said, "We can't have you two spiral as well".

"First of all, we're not spiraling" Brayden assured, "And second of all, even if we were, are you telling me the good for nothing werewolf will be your priority over me?".

"Brayden, he's mom just died, be a little nice, please" Caroline pleaded, "He's already angry, it doesn't help everyone keeps referring to his mom's death as an accident which is really just a polite way of saying that she was drunk".

"Do you guys think Klaus killed her?" Stefan asked curiously.

"I don't think it's a coincidence that she died the same night Klaus killed all of his hybrids" Fae replied, "So you two need to wrap your drinking party and help us be there for our friend".

"He's not my friend" Brayden stated.

"Brayden--".

"Oh look you're cutting out" Brayden interrupted Caroline, pressing the hanging up button.

"You're so going to regret that later on" Stefan said.

"I know, but I'd rather deal with Caroline's anger then help Tyler" Brayden said, downing his drink, while Stefan shook his head at his brother but nonetheless joined him in drinking.

***

"Ugh, who is this now" an annoyed Brayden asked, as this time his phone started ringing, picking it up he realised it was an unknown caller, "Whoever this is, right now is a bad time" he said answering the phone.

"Guess who?" Rebekah said from the other side, immediately causing Brayden and Stefan to exchange confused looks, last they checked Rebekah was daggered, "I'm back, dagger-free and I'm holding Elena hostage at the high school, just thought you should know".

"Why should I give a crap about Elena?" Brayden asked.

"Well you and Stefan don't care about Elena, but you do care about Fae and Caroline, right?" Rebekah asked, "I swear I heard them walking in these hallways, if you and Stefan don't come here, then Fae and Caroline will be in some serious trouble".

Hearing Rebekah, immediately caused Brayden to hang up on her and then turned to his brother, anger evident on his face, "I think it's time to drive a white oak stake through Rebekah's heart".

"I agree" Stefan said, equally as angry as Rebekah for threatening Fae.

***