eleven

11. Catch Me If You Can

Damon and Jeremy entered the bar in which they knew all the humans had been turned into vampires by Klaus, Kaitlynn having gone back to Mystic Falls after finding out what Rebekah did to her best friends.

Entering the bar, both Jeremy and Damon were confused seeing all the broke furniture and alcohol bottles, they were even more shocked seeing trails of blood that led them right into the back storage of the bar.

"Somethings not right" Damon realised, following the trail of blood, Jeremy following closely behind.

Entering the back storage, the hunter and vampire were shocked seeing all the humans Klaus turned, all pilled on top of each other, all dead.

"Looks like we're gonna have to find some new vampires" Damon said, confused as to who did this, "What a waste".

"Or here is another suggestion, just stop".

Damon and Jeremy turned around and came face to face with Brayden.

"You did this?" a confused Damon asked, seeing his brother's bloody hands.

"Yeah, well not alone obviously" Brayden said.

"I helped" Kol said, coming and standing next to Brayden, "Jeremy, good to see you mate, sorry about the mess, was a little crowded when we arrived, and me and Brayden both prefer more intimate gatherings".

"Have you completely lost your mind?" an angry Damon asked his brother, completely ignoring Kol, "What are you up to this time Bray?".

"I'm doing what I always do Damon" Brayden stated, "I'm trying to protect the people I care about".

"What?" a confused Jeremy asked, wondering how killing the vampires was Brayden protecting the people he cares about.

"We all need to have a little chat" Kol stated, taking a sip out of the bourbon bottle, "Care for a drink?".

"He's underage, and I don't like you" Damon said, as Jeremy held his crossbow out, pointed towards Kol, Damon looked at his twin, "Explain, now".

Brayden looked at Kol, "Go on, explain".

"Very well then" Kol said, "My brother bragged about his plan to complete Jeremy's hunter's mark, it was easy enough to track this lot down, they were all hiding in the shadows, you know, killing young vampires is easy, or old ones, for that matter".

"Why?" Damon asked confused, "What's it to you either way? And why have you gotten my brother roped into your crazy?".

"Because you fools, in your zeal to find the cure, you risk waking someone very dangerous" Kol replied.

"Oh" Damon realised, "You must be talking about Silas".

"What do you know of him?" Kol asked.

"Nothing, not our problem" Damon stated.

"He will be our problem if we wake him Damon" Brayden retorted.

"A few hundred years back I came across a group that worshipped Silas" Kol informed, "His followers told me that he would rise again and when he did he would trigger the end of all time, being an immortal, you can see why I'm opposed to time's ending, so I murdered all of them, and now here you are, willing to risk raising him in your search for the cure, I can't exactly sit back and let that happen, can I?".