sixteen

16. The House Guest

"Brayden, wake up" Caroline said, shaking the middle Salvatore.

"Go away" Brayden complained, putting his duvet over his face.

"Brayden, you said you will drop me to school" Caroline reminded, removing the duvet from Brayden's face.

Brayden finally opened his eyes and looked at his girlfriend, "Hey" he greeted.

Caroline smiled, "Hey".

Brayden grabbed Caroline's arm and pulled her on to the bed, with him hovering over her.

"Brayden!" Caroline yelled shocked, not excepting Brayden to do that.

"How do you feel about skipping school today?" Brayden asked, removing Caroline's hair from her face.

"And why will I do that?" Caroline asked.

"To spend time with your boyfriend" Brayden replied, kissing down Caroline's neck.

"Brayden" Caroline warned, slowly losing control, "I can't skip school" she whispered.

"Then be late" Brayden said, smashing his lips on to Caroline's.

Before things between could escalate between Brayden and Caroline, the two vampires heard a crash.

"What was that?" Caroline asked, breaking the kiss.

"Who cares?" Brayden asked, about to kiss Caroline again, but she pushed him away, "Caroline" Brayden complained, in annoyance.

"What if we are getting attacked?" Caroline asked, getting off the bed.

"We are not getting attacked, princess" Brayden assured, "I'm pretty sure that noise was Damon finding  out about Katherine being out of the tomb".

"Seriously?!" Caroline asked shocked, "Katherine's out of the tomb? How?".

"I didn't tell you?" Brayden asked.

"No, you didn't" Caroline replied, walking out of the room.

"Stupid doppelgangers" Brayden complained, upset that Katherine ruined his morning.

***

Damon, Stefan, Brayden, Fae, Caroline and Elena stood in Stefan's room, glaring at Katherine who was wearing Elena's clothes, intending to confuse everyone, which she succeeded in, Kaitlynn wasn't there as she refused to be in the same room as Damon, she was still very much mad at him.

"What is she doing here?" Elena asked, glaring at Katherine.

"What the hell are you doing in my house?" Brayden asked Elena, glaring at both her and Katherine.

"I came to see Stefan" Elena defended.

"Stefan wants nothing with you, what part of that do you not understand?" Brayden snapped.

Caroline grabbed Brayden's hand, calming him down, "Forget Elena, Brayden" she said, "What is Katherine doing here?".

"When we killed Elijah it broke the compulsion, freed the bitch from the tomb" Damon replied.