four

04. Memory Lane

Stefan gasped and opened his eyes in shock, recovering from the dream he just had, of Katherine staking Fae.

"Hey, you okay?" Elena asked, laying on Stefan's chest.

"Hey" Stefan whispered, still a bit delirious from the dream, "Yeah, it's just a bad dream, go back to sleep".

"Mm" Elena said.

Suddenly, reality sank in, causing Stefan to speed away from his bed, "Katherine" he realised.

"You have to admit, I am getting better at this" Katherine said, "It was easy to get inside of your head, have you completely forsaken your nature?".

Stefan speeded over to Katherine to attack her, but Katherine very easily shoved him away.

"Are we really gonna do this again?" Katherine asked, standing up, "We both know I could rip you to shreds and do my nails at the same time".

"What do you want?" Stefan asked, standing up.

"I wanted to see you" Katherine replied, "I missed you, Stefan, indulge me for a little while, please".

"Why are you back in town?" Stefan asked.

"Three reasons, you, you and you" Katherine replied.

"See, I can't quite get that down, it just kind of, gets stuck in my throat" Stefan said.

"Well, you know it's the truth" Katherine said, "Deep down inside that gorgeous body of yours, is the Stefan that fell in love with me too".

***

"You realise Katherine was in our brother's room, right?" Brayden asked, as he and Damon entered the Grill.

"Yeap" Damon replied.

"And you decided not to help him out?" Brayden asked.

"Neither did you" Damon replied.

Brayden shrugged, "He will be fine, what are we doing here anyways?".

"Waiting for the peach cobbler" Damon replied, as the twins sat on a table.

"For Jenna's barbeque?" Brayden asked.

"Yeap" Damon replied.

"You two are coming to Jenna's barbeque?" Elena asked, walking over to the twins.

"I swear, it's like she has a radar to know where we are" Brayden mumbled, taking his phone out.

Brayden 💋: Date night?

Princess 👑: Sorry, can't, I have to go to Elena's barbeque.

Brayden frowned, reading Caroline's text.

Brayden 💋: You're choosing Elena over me?

"How did you two know about Jenna's barbeque?" Elena asked confused.