eighteen

18. The Last Dance

"Please sign here and here" Henry, the real estate agent told Jeremy.

Jeremy nodded and signed everywhere he was supposed to.

"I can't believe you three agreed to give Jeremy your house" Fae said, as her, Caroline, Kaitlynn and the three brothers stood outside, waiting for Jeremy to invite them inside.

"This is temporary" Brayden said, standing behind Caroline, with his hands on her waist, "Very temporary".

"Once Jeremy becomes the sole owner of the house, he will be the only one who would be able to invite vampires into the house" Stefan explained.

"Making it Caroline and unfortunately, Elena's, own personal safe house" Brayden continued.

"Now on to more pressing issues, you really think you can take on Klaus?" Damon asked Fae.

"Yes, Damon, I can" Fae assured, "I've got the power of a hundred witches by my side, I can take him".

"Elijah thought that would work and he was an Original, so" Stefan said.

"Now it's just about finding him" Brayden said.

"Yeah" Stefan whispered.

"Can't you do one of those witch tracking spells?" Damon asked Fae.

"Sure" Fae replied, "Get me something of Klaus, and I'd gladly do the spell".

"In other words, she can't" Brayden said.

"Do you guys think Klaus killed her?" Kaitlynn suddenly asked, talking about her twin sister who was currently in Klaus's clutches.

"Katherine?" Caroline asked, Kaitlynn nodded.

"Klaus spent five hundred years trying to find her" Fae reminded, placing a comfort hand on Kaitlynn's shoulder, letting her know there was a very little chance that Katherine was still alive.

"It's not like she didn't have it coming" Damon reminded, making both Fae and Caroline glare at him.

"She might have had it coming Damon, but she was still my sister" Kaitlynn snapped, "So if you can't say anything nice about her, keep your mouth shut".

"Yikes" Brayden mumbled, just as the front door opened.

"Thank you" Jeremy said, shaking the real estate agent's hand.

"Alright" Brayden said, after the agent left, "Invite us in Jer, I'm getting impatient".

"It's only been ten minutes" Caroline teased.

"Exactly" Brayden said, "It's been ten bloody minutes".

Jeremy chuckled at Brayden, "Alright, all you vampires, I welcome you into my house, please come in".

"Temporary house" Brayden reminded, as they all entered the house.

"Still my house" Jeremy said.