four

04. Family Ties

Stefan gasped and sat up in his bed in shock, still shocked from the dream he just had, of Brayden killing Elena.

"Bad dream?" Damon asked, as he and Brayden sat on Stefan's desk.

"It was so easy getting into your head, are you sure you're a vampire?" Brayden asked.

"You really need some human blood, it might even the playing field" Damon said.

"Ouch, football reference" Brayden chuckled, "Too soon Damon, too soon".

Stefan speeded over to his desk, grabbed a knife and threw it at Damon, hitting him right on his chest.

Damon looked down at the knife, and nonchalantly got up, he removed the knife from his chest, "All right, I deserve that, but we just wanted to let you know, they caught the culprit, the animal responsible for killing coach Tanner and all those people".

"What are you talking about?" Stefan asked confused.

"It was a mountain lion, a really big mountain lion" Brayden replied, standing up.

"It attacked a hunter this morning, it's all over the news" Damon informed.

"Deadly beast captured, all's well in Mystic Falls" Brayden said.

"Why would you two cover your tracks?" Stefan asked confused.

"We've decided to stay a while" Damon replied.

"We are having too much fun here with you and Elena" Brayden said.

"And Caroline" Damon interjected.

"Shut it" Brayden said, glaring at his twin.

"You both can't touch Elena now" Stefan said.

"Well the vervain keeps us out of her head" Damon said, "Maybe that's not our target, believe it or not, Stefan, some girls don't need my persuasion, some girls just can't resist my good looks, my style and my charm".

"And his unflinching ability to listen to Taylor Swift" Brayden interjected.

"That too" Damon said, stabbing Stefan with the same knife he stabbed him with, causing Stefan to fall to the floor in pain, "This is John Varvatos, dude, dick move".

"And you say I'm picky when it comes to clothes" Brayden said, walking out of Stefan's room.

"You are, I only have one or two branded shirts, your whole wardrobe is nothing but expensive brands" Damon said, following Brayden out.

"It's called having a style, something you clearly don't have" Brayden said.

"I have style" Damon said, almost offended.

"Sure" Brayden said.

***

"Okay, so yellow or blue?" Caroline asked Brayden, holding two dresses in her hands.