twelve

12. The Devil Inside

A humming Damon and a smirking Brayden entered the boarding house, they placed the two shovels in their hands by the entrance.

"Where have you two been?" a curious Stefan asked, walking over to his brothers.

"Just out" Damon replied.

"Define out" Stefan asked, wondering why did his older brothers look so smug and happy with themselves today.

"One who hovers and sticks his nose in other people's business" Damon said.

"That's not defining out Damon, that's defining annoying, who currently our little brother is being" Brayden teased, wiping his muddy shoes on the carpet.

"Funny" Stefan commented, looking down at Damon and Brayden's dirty shoes.

"Katherine's rotting corpse was stinking up the house, we got rid of it" Damon finally revealed.

"Could be a bit of a problem" Stefan informed.

"For who?" a confused Brayden asked.

"For me" Nadia replied, appearing behind Stefan, "I'm here for Katherine's body".

"You're out of luck, you ain't getting it" Damon stated, walking over to the bourbon in the living room.

"My mother asked to be buried with her family in Bulgaria" Nadia snapped.

"And we don't care about what your mother wants" Brayden retorted, "If you didn't know, then let me inform you that the people in this house despise your mother, especially me and it gives me oh so much joy when I realise that I denied Katherine her dying wish".

"Brayden, who cares?" an annoyed Stefan asked, "Katherine's dead, just give her the damn body".

"Bitch ruined our lives" Damon reminded, he then turned to Nadia, a glass of bourbon in his hand, "Nadia's known her, what, five minutes?".

Just as Damon was about to drink his drink, Nadia speeded over to him and grabbed him by the throat, causing the glass in Damon's hand to fall to the ground and shatter, "Tell me where she is" Nadia demanded.

Brayden speeded over to Nadia, he grabbed her by her hair and separated her from his brother, he then slammed Nadia's head on the table, "Listen here devil's spawn" he said, glaring at Nadia, who was now on the floor, holding on to her head, "You're not getting Katherine's body, she's doing the maggots a favor by letting them have a feast on her dead flesh, I mean you should really be thanking us, we're helping your mother do her first ever good deed, now, get the hell out of my house, Nadia!".

***

While Fae had gone to her class and Kaitlynn had been missing all day, Caroline decided to deep clean their dorm room, it was her way of stopping herself from thinking about Brayden, but so far, it wasn't working.

"It's open!" Caroline yelled, hearing the knock on the door.

"Hey" Aaron greeted, entering the dorm room and seeing Caroline kneeling infront of the fireplace, "Are you cleaning the fireplace?".