six

06. Handle With Care

An extremely hungover Brayden was woken up by a voice he definitely didn't want to hear the first thing in the morning.

"Morning, sleepy head" Qetsiyah greeted, kneeling by the couch Brayden was sleeping on, as soon as Qetsiyah's voice reached his ears, an annoyed Brayden shot up and glared at the two thousand year old witch for disturbing his sleep, "Sleep well?".

"I was till you disturbed me" Brayden said, he then started looking around and realised somehow he was back in Qetsiyah's cabin, immediately he was confused as he had no memory of coming here last night.

"You're confused" Qetsiyah observed, "Is that the amnesia or the tequila?".

"Both" Brayden said, holding his head in his hands, "What the hell happened last night?".

Qetsiyah sat next to Brayden, a teasing smirk on her face, "We bonded over our misery, there were body shots, the misery lifted, here", Qetsiyah held out a small bowl infront of Brayden, "Berries".

"I will take that" Brayden said, taking the bowl of berries from Qetsiyah's hand, "Also, drunk or not, I'm not stupid to do body shots from you, you're really not my type".

"Are you sure about that?" Qetsiyah asked.

"A hundred percent" Brayden replied, putting some berries in his mouth, "Now that we know it's not the body shots that made you happy, mind telling me why you're in such a good mood so early in the morning?".

"I happened to see a text message pop up on your phone after you crashed last night" Qetsiyah revealed, "A warning from your brothers, Silas took the cure, he's a witch".

"So?" a confused Brayden asked.

"He's mortal, and now I can kill him" Qetsiyah clarified, "Get up gorgeous, your ancestor dies today, Silas is looking for the Anchor" Qetsiyah stood up from the couch and walked over to the table and started organising the flowers on the table, "It's the object I used to bind the spell when I created the other side, destroy it, the spell's broken, no more supernatural limbo, then Silas can die and find peace, I'd rather his lying, cheating ass not have that".

"That's a great plan" an annoyed Brayden said, really fed up of Qetsiyah's constant talking, "It will definitely work, but where the hell is this anchor?".

"New Jersey" Qetsiyah revealed, "Something Silas also knows after the bastard tricked me into thinking he was Stefan, and while I was distracted, he read my mind".

"That's mean your at a disadvantage" Brayden pointed out, "Silas is probably going to that place now with my brothers, what are you going to do?".

"You know that old ancient story I told you about the travelers?" Qetsiyah asked.

"No" Brayden said, trying to remember when Qetsiyah told him about the travelers.

"Oh right, I fried your brain and took your memories, sorry" Qetsiyah said, not even slightly apologetic, making Brayden glare at her, "Well, the travelers--you know how Silas wants to destroy the other side so he can be at peace with that slut Amara that he calls his one true love? The travelers don't want that".

"And why's that?" a curious Brayden asked.

"Not important" Qetsiyah replied, "Scratch that, very important, I'm just not gonna answer it".