nine

09. History Repeating

Caroline groaned when the sunlight hit her face, she tried to move so the sunlight won't disturb her, but she couldn't as a hand was wrapped around her waist, for a second Caroline panicked, not knowing who was in bed with her, but as soon as she opened her eyes and turned to see who it was, everything about last night came rushing back to, Damon killing Lexi, devastating Brayden, and causing him to spend the night with Caroline, because he didn't want to go back to the boarding house to deal with Damon.

This wasn't the fist time Brayden had spent the night, but it was the first time he didn't disappear before Caroline woke up, usually whenever Caroline woke up, her bed would be empty, the only sign of Brayden being there would be the crumpled up sheets.

Caroline used this rare opportunity to admire Brayden's sleeping figure, Caroline had never seen Brayden look so peaceful, when he was awake, Brayden was either plotting something or worried about something, this peaceful Brayden was new to Caroline, and she liked it.

"Stop staring at me Princess" Brayden said, opening his eyes, his voice raspy from the sleep.

"I'm staring at you in surprise" Caroline defended, embarrassed that Brayden caught her staring at him.

"And why's that?" Brayden asked.

"You usually never stay the whole night" Caroline replied.

"That's not true" Brayden said, "I stay the whole night, just leave before you wake up".

"And why's that again?" Caroline asked curiously.

"Figured you wouldn't want your mother to enter your room and catch us two in bed together" Brayden replied.

"Then why stay today?" Caroline asked confused.

Brayden sighed, "I didn't want to go home and see Damon".

"You can't avoid him forever" Caroline said.

"I know that, but I do want to delay us coming face to face for as long as possible" Brayden said.

Before Caroline could say anything, there was a knock on Caroline's window, confusing both Brayden and Caroline.

"Who else enters your room through your window?" Brayden asked confused, as Caroline got out of the bed and towards the window.

"No one" Caroline replied.

"Princess, wait" Brayden said, but it was too late, Caroline had already opened the window.

"Damon?" Caroline asked confused, "What are you doing here?".

"I need to speak to Brayden" Damon said.

"Brayden isn't here" Brayden snapped, not wanting to talk to his twin, "Tell him to leave".

"Caroline please" Damon pleaded, "I need to talk to him".

"Princess, tell him there's nothing he can say to me that will make what he did acceptable" Brayden said.

Caroline sighed, "Okay, I'm going to go shower, Damon you can come in and talk to Brayden".