eight

08. Ordinary People

"Caroline and Fae have asked me to ask you how are Stefan and Brayden doing" Kaitlynn said into the phone.

Damon looked through the cell window and saw both his brothers chained up, "They're exactly the way they were when they saw them" he said, "Pasty and pouty".

"Well, you're their older brother, use that older brother authority and tell your younger brothers to get over it" Kaitlynn said, "Call me later with updates".

"Will do" Damon said, hanging up on Kaitlynn.

After hanging up on the Pierce vampire, Damon opened the cell door and entered the cell in which his two brothers were being kept in.

"You know, if you guys are gonna keep us locked in here for the next decade, I think I speak for both me and Brayden, that we can skip the routine visits" Stefan said.

"Agreed" Brayden said.

"You two know I'm not a big champion of this whole Lexi-recovery plan, especially when I know that though it might work on you Stefan, it will never work on Brayden, he's too stubborn" Damon said.

"Bingo" Brayden said, "If only you used your useless brain and told the girls that".

"I tried, but they think this place is gonna weaken you two up, break you guys down, and make you feel" Damon informed.

Brayden scoffed, "Right, cause we should all just stay back and listen to what the girls say, it's not like their shitty plans have a tendency to fail, right?".

"Why are you here?" Stefan asked Damon.

"What are you talking about?" Damon asked, "It's family day at vampire rehab, I'm just paying a visit to my two baby brothers".

"You're older by three minutes" Brayden snapped.

Damon smirked hearing his twin, "Glad to know something hasn't changed" he said.

"Just go away, Damon" Brayden said, in no mood to deal with his brother.

"No" Damon said, "No, I thought we could hang out, a little brothers bonding, so how you two been?".

"Not interested in small talk" Brayden replied.

"Same, so you can go now" Stefan said.

Damon looked at his two brothers, "You two really have given up" he said.

"Actually, I don't know about Brayden, but this is my happy face" Stefan said, sarcasm evident in his voice.

"This is my pissed off face" Brayden said.

After looking at his brothers one more time, Damon walked over to them and ripped both of their chains off, confusing them.

"What are you doing?" Stefan asked.

"Screw this Lexi plan" Damon replied, "I think all three of us could use a drink".

***

"You did what?!" Kaitlynn asked through the phone, as the three Salvatore brothers entered a bar together.