twenty

20. Blood Brothers

Damon, Brayden and Stefan watched as the Founder's captured more and more vampires, getting ready to burn all of them in the Fell's church.

"Circle around that way, I'll distract them, go" Stefan instructed his older brothers, Brayden and Damon nodded and ran, while Stefan distracted the Founder's, "Over here, there's another one, quick, help me".

"Arm yourselves" Johnathan Gilbert ordered, running after Stefan.

After everyone left, Brayden and Damon sneaked over to the carriage in which Kaitlynn and Katherine were in, both of them quickly knocked out the two guards that were keeping patrol, Brayden grabbed the key from one of the guards pocket, and went to open the carriage door.

"We don't have long" Stefan said, running back to his brothers.

Brayden quickly opened the carriage door, "Kaitlynn" he called out, "Kaitlynn".

Stefan grabbed Katherine and helped her out of the carriage, while both Damon and Brayden helped Kaitlynn out.

"You're going to be okay" Brayden assured Kaitlynn, removing the device that stopped Kaitlynn from attacking anyone, while Damon untied her.

Suddenly, the three brothers heard horses coming closer to them, "Guys, hurry, hurry" Stefan urged, working on freeing Katherine.

Just as Damon had finished untying Kaitlynn, he was shot by someone in the woods.

"Damon!" Brayden yelled, before Brayden could run to his twin, another gunshot was heard, the bullet hitting Brayden in the chest.

"No, no" Stefan cried, running over to his brothers.

"Brayden" Kaitlynn whispered, trying to get up but failing due to the vervain in her system.

"Damon, Brayden" Stefan whispered, watching the life leave his brothers body.

"Think we got one, sir, I think we got one" Stefan heard one of the soldiers say, "Shoot him! Over here!".

Stefan quickly stood up, he grabbed the unconscious soldiers gun and tried to shot the man who killed his brothers, but he couldn't, as he was shot as well.

"I love you, Stefan" Katherine told a dying Stefan.

Stefan watched Kaitlynn look at a dead Brayden, with tears streaming down her face, "I'm sorry" she whispered, "I'm so sorry".

Stefan watched as the Founder's came back and put Katherine and Kaitlynn back into the carriage.

***

"Is this even working?" Brayden asked, looking at Stefan through the cellar window.

"It is Brayden, have some patience" Damon replied.

"It's weird seeing him like this" Caroline said.

"Your boyfriend's the one who locked him in there" Damon reminded.