twenty one

21. She's Come Undone

"You still have her locked in the safe, you've been in her head for an hour" Stefan told Damon, as he and Brayden walked down to the basement, "What, still nothing?".

Damon ignored Stefan and instead turned to the safe he locked Elena in, "How you doing in there?" he asked, opening the safe door and then dragging Elena out, "Come on", Damon kneeled infront of Elena, "Is the old you ready to come out and play?".

"Go to hell" A weak Elena said.

"Okay, back you go" Damon stated, shoving Elena back into the safe and locking it, "We can do this the nice way or we can do it the Brayden way, but either way, we're not stopping until you turn your humanity switch back on, so I'm gonna let you think about that, and I'm gonna come back for you in a couple hours, or a couple years, because all we have is time".

***

"Where is she?" Caroline asked her boyfriend, entering the Salvatore's living room, where only her boyfriend stood, staring at the fire, "I wanna see her".

"Stefan's not letting anyone see her" Brayden informed, "He thinks that isolating her is going to lead to some kind of emotion".

"She's been her for days" Caroline said, "She hasn't improved at all?".

"It's because Stefan won't let me torture her, he thinks I will go to far but I think even he's reaching his breaking down, something tells me very soon I will have my wish" Brayden informed.

"You're gonna help her by torturing her?" Caroline asked.

"I'm not helping her, I'm taking my frustration out" Brayden replied.

"Brayden" Caroline warned.

"Don't Brayden me, Caroline" Brayden snapped, "Why are you and Stefan so hell bent on saving her? She doesn't deserve any of your care, why are both of you turning a blind eye on a fact that Elena isn't a good person? Good people don't commit genocide!".

Caroline sighed, "I know what Elena did is something you can't get over, you shouldn't have to, me and Stefan want to turn her humanity back on because we know if we don't try, then no one will, and a humanity less Elena is much more dangerous then Elena with humanity".

"Doubtful" Brayden commented.

"Just let me talk to her, once" Caroline pleaded, "Before you start your method, if she's weak, she can't hurt me, please, just let me try, just this once".

"It's not like I'll say no and you'll listen to me" an annoyed Brayden said, "She's in the basement, be my guest".

Caroline gave her boyfriend a grateful smile and then turned to leave.

"Caroline" Brayden called out, causing the Forbes vampire to stop and turn to him, "She will say stuff to get under your skin, no matter what happens, don't let her under your skin, don't let your guard down near her, she will do anything to escape".

Caroline nodded her head in understanding, "Got it" she said, before walking down to the basement.

***