fifteen

15. The Dinner Party

While Elena and Fae were inside the lakehouse, Stefan stood on the dock, talking to his brothers.

"What's going on?" Stefan asked.

"Well, me and Brayden showered, we shaved, had breakfast, we are very relaxed" Damon replied, entering Brayden's room and putting his phone on speaker.

"I'm surprised Brayden's relaxed" Stefan said.

"I'm not" Brayden said, "I'm pissed".

"Oh, did you two hear, Tyler Lockwood ran away from home last night" Damon informed, "I heard it from Sheriff Forbes who heard it from a very distraught Carol Lockwood".

"Yeah, I already know" Stefan said.

"How?" Brayden asked confused.

"Tyler left a letter for Fae, explaining that he's leaving town with Jules, Fae has been upset all night" Stefan replied.

"Would you look at that" Brayden said amused, "Turns out Damon isn't the only one with competition".

"Shut up, Brayden" Damon snapped, "Anyways, with Tyler leaving with Jules, that ends our werewolf chapter, bringing us to--".

"Killing Elijah" Stefan finished.

"Exactly" Damon said.

"Well, it's not gonna be easy, he's crafty, and let's not forget Kaitlynn's soulmate, she's not going to just let you two dagger him" Stefan said.

"Which is why Kaitlynn's not going to find out about our plan, none of the girls are" Brayden said.

"What?" Stefan asked shocked.

"If the girls find out, they're going to try and stop us because of Elijah and Kaitlynn's connection" Damon replied, "So it's better if they don't find out about our plan".

"They're going to kill us" Stefan warned.

"They will be much easier to deal with once Elijah is out of the picture" Brayden said.

"Which we can do with a crafty little dagger" Damon said.

"He's an Original" Stefan reminded, "We don't know what all that encompasses".

"Oh trust me Stefan, we're gonna dot all our T's, we don't want any surprises" Damon assured.

"Wow, tell me are the notorious Salvatore twins actually gonna be careful for once?" Stefan teased.

"Yikes Stefan, the fun brothers are becoming boring like you, looks like it's the end of the world" Brayden said.

"Gotta run, have a murder to plan, busy day" Damon said, hanging up on Stefan.

***

Brayden, Damon, Andi and Alaric sat on a table at the Grill.

"Other than your lecture on Mystic Falls, get anything out of Elijah?" Damon asked.

"No, it was boring" Alaric replied, "Of course, Jenna thinks he's charming".