two

02. Brave New World

Brayden ran into Caroline's hospital room, with his brothers right behind him.

"What the hell happened?" Damon asked, as Brayden ran right over to an unconscious Caroline.

"Katherine happened" Kaitlynn replied.

"Caroline" Brayden whispered, "Come on Caroline, wake up".

Damon looked at Kaitlynn, he grabbed her wrist and dragged her out of the hospital room, Stefan and Fae following, while Brayden stayed with Caroline.

"Speak" Damon demanded.

"What exactly do you want me to say?" Kaitlynn asked, slightly confused.

"Start with how you and Fae knew about what Katherine did to Caroline" Damon replied.

"I've been trying to locate Katherine, we wanted to know where she is, so I used Kaitlynn's blood to do a locater spell on her, that's when we realised she was here, at the hospital" Fae revealed.

"We knew Caroline was admitted here, and if we knew it means Katherine knew as well" Kaitlynn said.

"And when we reached Caroline's room, it was too late, Katherine was gone, and Caroline was already dead" Fae said.

"But why Caroline?" Stefan asked confused, "Why did Katherine go after Caroline?".

Fae and Kaitlynn looked at each other, exchanging a knowing look.

"None of that" Damon snapped, "No silent conversation between each other, start talking, both of you".

Kaitlynn sighed, "We don't know for sure, but we have a slight idea".

"Go on" Damon urged.

"We think she wanted to make sure" Fae said.

"Make sure what?" Stefan asked.

"To make sure that Caroline and Brayden are the chosen soulmates" Fae replied.

"Excuse me?" Damon asked confused.

"We don't know much about soulmates, all we know is that every time two soulmates die, two more soulmates are born, and in this time, we think it's Brayden and Caroline" Kaitlynn replied.

"And why do you think that?" Stefan asked.

"Witches talk" Fae replied, "And the last time witches talked about soulmates, they said that the next soulmates were going to be a Salvatore and Forbes, and since neither of you fell in love with a Forbes, we kind of guessed it was Brayden and Caroline".

Damon looked at Kaitlynn, "Is that why you never came infront of Brayden?" he asked, "Because you knew he was supposed to be someone else?".

"I had my doubts" Kaitlynn said simply.

"But why does Katherine care?" Stefan asked, "What could she want with confirming whether Brayden and Caroline are soulmates or not?".