four

04. The Five

"So what is all this?" a confused Stefan asked, looking around his living room and seeing all of the hunters things that Damon had brought over.

"Some personal items that I snaked from the vampire hunter's RV" Damon informed, entering the living room with another box in hand, "May he rest in peace".

"More likes pieces" Brayden said, entering the room, "Mind telling us why you've snaked all of these things?".

"I'm searching for his supernatural handbook" Damon replied.

"You know for a fact that he was supernatural?" Stefan asked.

"Definitely wasn't natural" Damon replied, "Guy magically appears just as someone blows up the entire Founder's Council, is covered in a tattoo that only Jeremy Gilbert, of all people in the world seems to be able to see, Klaus mentioned something about him being one of The Five, then he kamikazes himself with explosives, sound natural to any of you?".

"What's The Five?" a confused Stefan asked.

"We don't know" Brayden replied, going through a box of the hunter's things, but finding nothing interesting.

"That's what I'm hoping is in the first chapter of the handbook" Damon added.

Brayden grabbed his phone from his pocket when it started ringing, grabbing it he realised Liz was calling him.

"Hey Liz" Brayden answered, "Everything okay?".

Both Damon and Stefan watched as their brother's expression changed drastically from calm to angry.

"Got it" Brayden said into the phone, "I'll keep an eye out, if you find anything let me know".

"What happened?" Damon asked.

Brayden looked at his brothers, "According to our favorite Sheriff, there was no remains in that explosion at the hospital".

"So Connor's still out there" Stefan realised.

"Yeap" Brayden said, he looked between his two brothers, "You two need to find Connor and get rid of him, today".

"And what are you doing while we find Connor?" a confused Damon asked.

"Taking Elena to Whitmore college in order to teach her how to feed properly" Brayden informed.

"I'm sorry, you're doing what?" Stefan asked, thinking he heard his brother wrong.

"Trust me, it's as surprising to me as it is to you" Brayden said, "But she killed Matt last night and I can't have her go around and chop on Jeremy, so when she asked for my help, I agreed".

"That's shocking" Damon commented.

"You don't have to tell me that twice" Brayden said.

"Does Caroline know about this?" a concerned Damon asked, not liking what was happening.

"Not yet" Brayden replied, waking out the room.