eleven

11. Our Town

Damon came out of his bathroom, wearing nothing but a towel, happily whistling away.

"Morning" Damon greeted, seeing Brayden and Stefan enter his room.

"You're late" Stefan stated, "We're supposed to meet Fae at the old witch house in ten minutes".

"Relax brother, you don't want your hair to fall out" Damon teased.

Brayden observed his brother, "You seem happy, which is not very Damon like" he said, "What happened? Did Kaitlynn finally sleep with you?", though Damon didn't say anything, the smirk on his face wasn't missed by either of his brothers, "Wait, you and Kaitlynn actually slept together?!".

"Nope" Damon replied.

"Then why the hell are you so happy?" Brayden asked confused.

"Because, though we didn't sleep together, we did kiss" Damon revealed.

Brayden chuckled, "About freaking time" he said.

"Can we gossip later?" Stefan asked his brothers, "You know, Klaus isn't gonna spontaneously self-destruct".

"You need to learn to loosen up sometimes" Brayden told Stefan.

"Agreed" Damon said, "Anyways, I'll be with you two in a minute".

***

"You didn't say anything to Kaitlynn about the coffins, right?" Stefan asked, as the three brothers walked towards the witches house.

"No, I said I wouldn't" Damon reminded.

"We know what you said, we just don't trust you when it comes to Kaitlynn" Brayden informed.

"What does that mean?" Damon asked, not knowing if he should be offended or not.

"As soon as Kaitlynn bats her eyelashes at you, everything leaves your brain and you end up blurting everything to her" Brayden replied.

"That's not true" Damon protested.

"It is" Stefan said.

"See?" Brayden said, giving Damon a pointed look.

Damon rolled his eyes at his brothers, but before he could say anything, he suddenly felt a presence near him, causing him to stop his brothers from walking any further.

"What?" Stefan asked confused.

Damon looked around, "Klaus's hybrids are nearby" he revealed.

Immediately both Brayden and Stefan started looking around, "Stefan, go inside and help Fae, we'll keep a lookout out here" Brayden ordered.

Stefan nodded and rushed into the house to see if Fae was okay or not, while Damon and Brayden stayed outside, suddenly the twins saw one of Klaus's hybrids come out from the witches house, the twins looked at each other, then rushed to block the hybrid from either side.

Seeing the brothers, the hybrid tried to attack them, but before he could, Brayden had ripped his heart out.

"These hybrids are really bringing the neighborhood down" Damon commented, as Brayden threw the heart on the floor.