ten

10. The Turning Point

Damon and Brayden were in the Salvatore's living room, with Damon looking out the window, while Brayden sat on the couch, drinking coffee.

"So any idea of where you both will go?" Stefan asked his brothers, entering the living room.

"I don't know, London, maybe" Damon replied, "See some friends".

"Or the Queen" Brayden interjected.

Stefan rolled his eyes at Brayden, "You both don't have any friends, Damon".

"You're right, Stefan, me and Brayden only have you" Damon said, "So, where are we going?".

"We, are not going anywhere" Stefan replied, "I'm gonna live my life as far away from you two as possible".

"Back at you brother" Brayden said, "You brood too much for my liking".

"Come on guys, we're a team, we could travel the world together" Damon told his brothers, "We could try out for the amazing race".

"Pass" Brayden said.

"Seriously, where are you both going?" Stefan asked, "Because we're not saying in this town".

Before Damon could reply back to Stefan, the doorbell rang.

"Thank god" Brayden said, standing up, and walking towards the door, no longer wanting to deal with his brothers.

"Brayden" Sheriff Forbes greeted, confusing Brayden.

"Sheriff, is everything okay?" Brayden asked, "Is Caroline okay?".

"Caroline's fine" Liz assured, "I was hoping to talk to you and Damon".

"Sheriff, what a surprise" Damon said, walking over to Brayden and Liz.

"Sorry to bother you both, but we need to talk" Liz said.

"Sure, come on in" Brayden said, stepping out of the way so Liz can enter.

"I hope you understand the secrecy Stefan doesn't know about this yet" Damon told Liz, after he and Brayden led her to the backyard of the boarding house, "And me and Brayden would like to keep it that way".

"Of course" Liz said, "Kids are too young to be brought into this".

"So, what can we help you with today?" Brayden asked.

"There's been another attack" Liz informed the twins, "A female victim, her throat torn out, completely drained of blood, it fits the pattern".

"I thought the whole vampire problem was taken care of when Damon staked the blonde" Brayden said, a bitter tone in his voice, which Liz didn't catch but Damon did.

"I'm thinking she must have turned someone" Liz said, "Or multiple someones, I don't know, the story for the town is another animal attack but I'm not sure how long we can keep lying to them, the council is in an uproar, we thought we were past this".

"So, uh, what do we do?" Damon asked.

"You're the only one who's taken on a vampire" Liz replied, "We were hoping you could tell us".