eighteen

18. American Gothic

"If they so much as scratched the paint on my car" Damon complained, taking out the gas cans from the back of Brayden's car.

"Look, just be grateful Sheriff Forbes was able to track down the car after you let them, you know, steal it from you" Stefan said, him and Brayden having met up with Damon after they realised they needed to get to the cure before Elena and Rebekah, Kaitlynn having gone back to Mystic Falls.

"Remind me to send her some mini muffins" Damon said, as the brothers started walking towards Damon's car, "Do we really need ten gallons of gas or are you two just making me lug this as punishment?".

"Use your brain Damon" Brayden said, "The only reason they ditched your car was because it ran out of fuel, and considering we still have a hundred miles left to go before reach Willoughby, we need to fill the car up".

"I don't remember that name from the list of places I got from New York" a confused Damon said.

"Oh, the list?" Stefan asked, "You mean the list they stole from right under your nose? After both you and Kaitlynn let your guards down? They'll be there".

"Liz managed to track down the other car they stole after ditching yours" Brayden informed, as Damon started filling his car up.

"Screw the muffins, I'll get her champagne" Damon said, "If Elena and Rebekah are wherever it may be".

"Willoughby, creamed-corn capital of Pennsylvania" Stefan informed, "They'll be there, let's just hope we get to them before they get to the cure".

"Ooh, silver lining" Damon said, "If Rebekah takes the cure, then she's mortal and we can just kill her right then and there".

"Ooh, multiple dark clouds, Fae, Kaitlynn and Stefan's dream of becoming human, stays a dream, and let's not forget about Silas, who will kill everyone if he doesn't get the cure" Brayden retorted.

"Brayden's right" Stefan told Damon, "Look, why don't you just table the revenge fantasies for now and keep your eye on the prize, find Katherine, get the cure, get out before you get your neck snapped".

"Again" Brayden added.

"Believe me, I learned my lesson" Damon assured his brothers, "Not trusting no humanity Elena ever again".

"Look at that, finally on the same page about something" Stefan teased.

"Look at that" Damon simply said.

***

"Something's not right" Damon said, "Katherine Pierce does not hole up in Hickstown, PA".

"Well, this is definitely the car they stole, we're in the right place" Stefan informed, as the brothers walked up to a car".

"Points to them for their choice in vehicles" Damon said, looking through the window of the stolen car.

"You know you two are so worried about finding Elena, have either of you made a plan on how to get her to come back to Mystic Falls?" Brayden asked, "Because she's definitely not going to willingly come back and it also doesn't help that she has an original being her bodyguard".