one

01. I Know What You Did Last Summer

Caroline stood in her living room, surrounded by boxes, she was packing her things before both her and Kaitlynn were off to college.

Currently, Caroline was going through the photos she was going to take with her to college, a sad smile formed on her facing after seeing a photo of her, Kaitlynn and Fae on graduation day, neither Caroline or Kaitlynn knew where Fae went, she just left all of them, leaving behind heartbroken Caroline and Kaitlynn, and a furious Stefan behind, who left Mystic Falls, the town was plagued with too many of Fae's memories and he couldn't handle it anymore.

A sad smile formed on Caroline's face as she put the photo in the box, hoping and praying that somehow Fae will come back and fulfill her promise of going through college with her two best friends.

Caroline's eyes then landed on the next photo, and immediately her expressions hardened, it was a picture of her and Brayden standing together at their first founders event together, for a moment Caroline just stared at the photo, the next moment she ripped the picture in half and let it fall to the ground.

***

Brayden, who had spent the entire summer drowning and coming back to life, once again opened his eyes and immediately started struggling for breath once again, he banged on the safe door again and again but no matter how hard he punched the door, he failed to come out of the safe.

***

Caroline and Kaitlynn walked Whitmore campus together, Kaitlynn once again trying to convince Caroline to look for Brayden.

"Kaitlynn, seriously, stop mentioning him" an annoyed Caroline snapped.

Kaitlynn sighed, "Caroline, you and me both know Brayden, we know how much he loves you, him packing his stuff and leaving like this makes no sense".

"Don't forget the break up message" Caroline added, an angry expression on her face.

"Exactly!" Kaitlynn said, "Brayden will never do that, my gut is telling me he didn't leave willingly, something is wrong with him".

"Careful Kaitlynn, wouldn't want your boyfriend to misunderstand your concern for his runaway brother" Caroline taunted.

Kaitlynn shook her head, ever since Brayden and Fae had left, she has been trying to get everyone to go on a search for them, she refused to believe Fae will leave Stefan after thirty years apart, and there was a really bad feeling in her gut about Brayden, everything in her told her that something was seriously wrong with the middle Salvatore but no one listened to her, everyone was too angry or too hurt to listen.

Stefan and Caroline were heartbroken because of Fae and Brayden, but more then being heartbroken, the two vampires were angry, they believed that while they loved their respective others with everything they had, their respective others never loved them enough.

Damon on the other was a whole different case, he wasn't angry, but he refused to say Brayden's name, he doesn't know why Fae left but he was willingly to help Kaitlynn find her, but when it came to Brayden, he refused to say even his name, he wasn't angry but he felt betrayed because Brayden left the one person who had spent centuries with him.

After walking a bit more, Caroline and Kaitlynn stopped and looked at their surrounding.

A smile formed on Kaitlynn's face, "Can you believe it, after everything, we finally made it to college, Caroline".