nine

09. Homecoming

"Alright, let's say Mikael followed Elena in here, he tried to grab her so he could use her as bait" Stefan said, walking into the living room with Damon, Brayden and Elena.

"Why the hell is she involved in this plan?" Brayden asked, glaring at Elena.

"Because she is important to Klaus" Damon replied, "He needs her blood and it will make sense for Mikael to go after her then anyone else in this town".

"If she screws this plan up, it's on you" Brayden snapped.

Elena rolled her eyes at Brayden and turned to Stefan, "And you, what, vervained him?" she asked.

"No, we vervained him, guy's an Original" Damon reminded, "We have to make it realistic".

"Alright, so us three Salvatore brothers came together and vervained Mikael, and in that process we discovered a certain dagger in Papa Original's pocket" Brayden said.

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah, but instead--".

"We drove it through his heart" Stefan finished Elena's sentence.

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" Elena asked.

"Good point", Damon looked at his brothers, "You my brothers have been compelled to do what Klaus says, so if the idea is to lure him back here and kill him that last thing we need is you two getting tripped up and tongue-tied".

"Hey, our job is only to get Klaus back into town" Brayden said, "The rest is on you guys".

"Klaus is smart, if we tell him that Mikael's dead, he'll want proof" Elena said.

"Then I shall be dead" Mikael stated, entering the room, and placing the dagger and some white oak ash on to the table.

"And what happens when Klaus asks to see your dead body in person?" Brayden asked.

"Well it means our plan is working" Mikael replied, "Klaus will absolutely want to see my body, you lure him here, and I will kill him".

"With what?" Stefan asked, "Those daggers won't work on him".

"Oh, I am in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree" Mikael informed, "The one that left these ashes when it burned".

"Where is it?" Damon asked curiously.

"Not here" Mikael replied, dipping the dagger into the ash, "Knowing its location is my insurance policy".

"Against what?" Stefan asked confused.

"You leaving this in my heart" Mikael replied, gesturing towards the dagger in his hand, "You see, a vampire can't dagger an Original without dying", Mikael turned to Elena, "So it falls to you", Mikael handed the dagger to Elena.

"You want me to actually dagger you?" Elena asked shocked.

"Clearly someone wasn't listening to what he has been saying this whole time" Brayden said, making Elena glare at him.