twenty three

23. Graduation

Damon entered the Salvatore's living room and was immediately confused hearing Bon Jovi, You Give Love A Bad Name, blasting through the speakers, while his two brothers sat there getting drunk and bopping their heads, while their best friend, Lexi, the girl he killed, was busy dancing her heart away.

"Damon" Stefan greeted, seeing his oldest brother enter the room, "Join me and Brayden in celebrating my 17th high school graduation".

Damon ignored Stefan and simply walked over to the stereo and turned the music off.

"Oh, that's Lexi" Brayden pointed towards his best friend, "You remember her right? Mine and Stefan's best friend, the girl you killed, breaking the one rule we had between us".

"Lexi, back from the dead, goodie" Damon said, clearly not liking Lexi's presence here.

Suddenly, Lexi speeded over to Damon, she put her hand around his throat and slam him to the nearest wall, "What's up, buzzkill?" she greeted.

"Are you two just gonna sit there and let her enact her ghostly revenge?" Damon breathed out, having trouble speaking with Lexi's hand around his throat.

"You reap what you sow, buddy" Stefan commented, as Brayden ignored Lexi and Damon and kept on drinking out of his bourbon bottle.

"Let's be very clear" Lexi told Damon, "Whatever time I have left here, I sure as hell don't plan on wasting on you, got me?".

"Yeah, got you" Damon whispered, finally causing Lexi to let of his throat, allowing Damon to breathe again, So if you and Ric and little Gilbert are all flesh-like and real-seeming that means something went horribly wrong when Bonnie tried to put that veil up, and here you three are having dance party USA".

"Oh my god, you are so right Damon" Brayden said, he turned to his younger brother, "We are being so selfish right now little brother, how dare we try to spend time with our best friend before she disappears again, we should be out there sacrificing ourselves for people who clearly don't deserve it, right Damon? Stefan, you should be upstairs grooming that hero up do of yours".

Damon looked between both his brothers, "Are you two drunk?" he asked.

"I don't know mom, are we?" a clearly drunk Stefan asked, making Lexi chuckle.

Brayden passed his bottle of bourbon over to Lexi but before she could drink it, Damon snatched it from her hand, "Okay" an annoyed Lexi whispered.

"Well, I guess that's one way to celebrate our supernatural apocalypse" Damon commented, taking a sip out of the bottle, "Now, care to hazard any guesses on what the hell went wrong?".

"No, not really" Brayden said, standing up and turning the music back on before his twin could say anything, "Sorry Damon, whatever you have to say, go say it to someone else, I can't hear you anymore!" he yelled over the very loud music.

"Unbelievable" an annoyed Damon whispered, before leaving the room to find out what happened, realising both his brothers weren't going to be any help.

***

"I don't know where Bonnie is, but I do know she's not going to be putting the veil back up, I have to do that, but I kind of hit a snag" Fae informed Caroline through the phone, while standing in the tunnels.