three

03. The Rager

Damon and Brayden opened their front door and saw their younger brother working on his motorbike.

"Good day for a midlife crisis" Damon commented, "A hundred and sixty-four years, I'd say you're due".

"This isn't a midlife crisis Damon" Stefan said.

"Then what is it?" Brayden asked curiously.

Stefan avoided eye contact with his brothers, not wanting to see the teasing looks they would give him once he reveals what he is doing today, "Ever since Fae came back we never went on a proper date, so I figured it was time her and me have some fun".

And just as Stefan expected, a teasing smirk formed on both his brothers faces.

"Isn't that sweet" Damon teased, "Bray, turns out our little brother does have a romantic bone in him".

"Yes, he does" Brayden said, he then turned to his twin, "Speaking of having a romantic bone, when are you taking Kaitlynn out on a date?".

Damon glared at Brayden, "How about you mind your own business?".

"No actually I would like an answer to that question as well" Stefan said, "You both have feelings for each other so when are you making it official".

"Moving on to a more urgent topic, that hunter jacked Tyler Lockwood of his werewolf venom last night, so basically he's got vampire poison in a bottle" Damon said, immediately changing the subject, causing both his brothers to roll their eyes at him but nonetheless they let go of the topic, for now at least.

"Well I have a solution to that problem" Brayden said, causing both his brothers to look at him curiously, "I'm gonna hunt that hunter down and then have him for dinner".

"Sounds like a plan" Damon said, "Count me in".

"I'll go with you guys" Stefan said, not wanting his brothers to deal with the hunter by themselves.

"Not happening" Brayden said, "You have a date with a certain heretic, me and Damon have got this".

Before Stefan could protest, both Damon and Brayden walked away to go find this hunter and end his chapter once and for all.

***

After a little bit of looking both Damon and Brayden came across a caravan parked in the woods.

"If I was a hunter trying to hide from vampires, this looks like a place I would stay" Damon said.

"I'd book a five star hotel" Brayden said, opening the caravan door.

Damon shook his head at his brother, "You're too picky" he said.

"No, I have class" Brayden said, waving his foot on the threshold and realising he could walk in.

"Are you saying I don't have class?" a slightly offended Damon asked.

"Your words, not mine" Brayden said, entering the caravan.

"Dick" Damon mumbled, following Brayden in.

"Thank you" Brayden said, giving his brother a mock smile.