eighteen

18. Under Control

Brayden and Damon entered Stefan's room, they saw him doing pull ups, with his music on full blast.

"Could you turn it up a little bit?" Damon asked sarcastically, "It's not annoying yet".

"Sorry" Stefan said, but made no effort in turning the music off.

Brayden rolled his eyes at his brother, he walked over to the music station and turned the music, causing Stefan to glare at him.

"When are you going back to school?" Damon asked, as Stefan started doing push ups.

"Soon" Stefan replied.

"Oh, come on, just drink already" Damon said, kneeling by Stefan with his glass of blood in his hand, "Come on, this self-detox, it's not natural".

"Get that away from me, please?" Stefan said.

"How long did it take you to wean yourself off of it after you last indulged?" Damon asked, but Stefan stayed silent, "That's not good".

"I'll be fine, it just takes a little bit of time" Stefan replied.

"I don't get it, you don't have to kill to survive, that's what blood banks are for" Damon said, "We haven't hunted a human in--god, way too long".

"Oh, I'm impressed" Stefan said sarcastically.

"It's completely self-serving" Damon said, "Trying to get the town off the trail of vampires, which is not very easy considering there's an entire tomb of them running around".

"What are we planning on doing about that?" Stefan asked.

"It's better if you stay out of it Stefan" Brayden replied, finally speaking, "Wether you admit it or not, you're not in the right space of mind right now".

"There's nothing wrong with a healthy diet of human blood from a blood bank" Damon said, "You're not actually killing anyone".

"I have my reasons" Stefan stated.

"Well, what are those holier-than-thou reasons?" Damon asked, "Cause you know we've never actually discussed that".

"Damon, let it go" Brayden said.

"Why?" Damon asked, "Don't you want to know the story, I know I'd love to".

"You're really enjoying this, aren't you?" Stefan asked Damon, "Just watching me struggle?".

"Very much so" Damon replied.

"I hate to break it to you, Damon, but I actually have it under complete control" Stefan said.

"You do?" Damon asked, Stefan nodded, "Oh, well, then you should just carry on making the rest of us vampires look bad, have a great day, Stef".

"Anything you want to say?" Stefan asked Brayden, after seeing him not leave with Damon.

Brayden sighed, "Look Stefan, I know me and Damon both have tried to get you to drink human blood, we were trying to torture you, we never really excepted you to actually drink human blood, and I know this is the first time you've had human blood since she left", Stefan clenched his fist hearing Brayden mention her, "And if you're struggling, I need you to know that I will help you through this".