fourteen

14. Dangerous Liaisons

After receiving a text from Kaitlynn, the three brothers and Fae met up with the Pierce vampire in the Salvatore's living room.

"The coffin that Fae and co opened last night, it had their mother Esther in it" Kaitlynn revealed to them, having gotten this information from Elijah, who had met up with her when she had gone to check up on Ric at the hospital, as he was also attacked but the person who was going around killing the founding council.

"As in the Original Witch?" Stefan asked shocked.

"What?" Damon asked, "How is she even alive?".

"Yeah, I thought that stupid hybrid killed her a thousand years ago" Brayden said, equally as confused as his brothers.

"I mean, if she was as powerful of a witch as we've been told, then there is a possibility that the witches on the other side might have helped her come back to life" Fae said.

"According to Elijah, Esther isn't here to kill anyone" Kaitlynn revealed, "She is just here to live in peace and harmony with her children, which if you didn't figure out yet, also includes Klaus".

"She was supposed to be the weapon that helps us kill Klaus" Stefan reminded.

"Yeah well, we thought wrong" Kaitlynn said, "She's not here to kill anyone Stefan, she's here to play family".

"That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds" Stefan said, pacing back and forth in frustration.

"Anyone else feeling a little used right now?" Damon asked.

"Me" Brayden said, pouring himself a drink and downing it in one go.

"Guys, I don't think we have anything to worry, Elijah assured me that no one in his family would hurt any of us" Kaitlynn informed.

"And we are just supposed to take his word for it?" Brayden asked.

"Yes" Kaitlynn replied.

"Kaitlynn, don't be an idiot" Damon said, "Elijah might have helped us once, but that does not mean he's on our side now".

"I mean, he is on Kaitlynn's side" Fae mumbled, making everyone look at her, "What? Am I lying?".

Before anyone could say anything to her, there was a knock on the Salvatore's front door.

Brayden turned to Fae, "No you are not" he said, before walking towards the front door while Kaitlynn and Damon glanced at each other.

Brayden opened the front door, he frowned seeing no one there, looking down he was met with three white envelopes addressed to Brayden Salvatore, Fae Bennett and Kaitlynn Pierce, a confused Brayden picked the envelopes up and took them back inside.

"What is it?" Damon asked, seeing his brother entering the room with three envelopes in his hand.

"I think me, Fae and Kaitlynn are invited to something" Brayden replied, handing Kaitlynn and Fae their envelopes and then proceeding to open his invitation, "Please join the Mikaelson family this evening at 7 o'clock for dancing, cocktails and celebration".