one

01. Pilot

Caroline Forbes stood by her locker, her attention fully on her phone, when suddenly people around her started whispered, lifting her head up, Caroline realised everyone's attention was taken by the hot new guy, she saw him make his way towards the boys bathroom and bump right into Elena.

Caroline sighed and simply turned around and started to take her books out of her locker, if this guy had come four months ago, Caroline would have been all over him, hell she would have even competed against Elena for his attention, but for the past four months no guy has managed to interest her, not like the mystery guy on the road four months ago.

Caroline still remembers their conversation, every word, and every action is replayed in her head everyday. She doesn't know what it was about the mystery guy that caused Caroline to open up to him like she did, she doesn't know why she hasn't managed to get rid of his thoughts, she just knows that no matter what she tries or does, she can't get rid of the thought of the mystery stranger who she met in the middle of the road.

Caroline had tired to look for him, she always kept her eyes open in hopes of seeing the mysterious stranger somewhere, but she never did, she has started to believe that he lied to her about moving back to Mystic Falls, after all Mystic Falls was a small town, how can someone like the mysterious stranger hide from her for four months.

Caroline knew she was being stupid, a hot guy like him wasn't going to remember her, he had just took pity on a insecure teenager and decided to help her out, but she was still hoping and praying, that maybe, just like she hasn't been able to stop thinking about him, the mystery stranger hasn't stopped thinking about her.

***

"His name is Stefan Salvatore" Caroline told her best friend Bonnie, as they walked in the Mystic Grill, after deciding she was thinking too much about a guy she didn't even know, she decided to distract herself by finding information on the new guy, who like every other guy had taken a immediate interest in Elena, "He lives with his uncle at the old Salvatore boarding house, he hasn't lived her since he was a kid, military family, so they moved around a lot, he's a Gemini, and his favorite color is blue".

"You got all of that in one day?" Bonnie asked shocked.

"Oh please, I got all that between third and fourth period" Caroline replied proudly.

"You're not going to go after him are you?" Bonnie asked, a bit worried, "You realise he likes Elena, right?".

"Of course he does" Caroline whispered, a bitter tone in her voice, "And just so you know Bonnie, I'm not interested in him either, I only did this research because I was bored and needed to get my mind off of something".

"Really?" Bonnie asked, not believing the blonde infront of her.

"Really Bonnie" Caroline replied, "Plus I'm not interested in having Elena's seconds".

Caroline walked towards Tyler who was playing pool, leaving behind a slightly amused Bonnie.

***

While Caroline was playing pool with Tyler, she saw Stefan and Elena enter the Grill together, wanting to interrogate Stefan, Bonnie dragged Caroline along with her, which is how her, Bonnie, Elena and Stefan ended up sitting on a table together.