fifteen

15. All My Children

Damon woke up when his phone started ringing, grabbing it he realised Kaitlynn was calling him.

"What?" Damon asked.

"Hey, so I spent the night at Caroline's to let you cool off" Kaitlynn said, getting straight to the point, "So if you have cooled down, you think we can talk about yesterday?".

"There's nothing to talk about Kait" Damon simply said.

"Don't be like this" Kaitlynn said, "Look, you need to know what really happened last night".

"Yeah, not interested" Damon said, hanging up on the Pierce vampire and laying back on his bed, with a naked Rebekah asleep next to him.

***

Brayden slowly opened his eyes and immediately he realised he was in a unknown location, that's when last night came crashing back to him, the Mikaelson ball, meeting Kol at the bar, then ending the night in Kol's bed, Brayden turned to his side to see Kol peacefully sleeping, a content smile on his face.

While Kol seemed content, Brayden was conflicted, he never planned for this to happen, the last thing he wanted to do was sleep with Kol, because he knew it would just complicate things even more then they were before, but most of all Brayden felt guilty, he admits that at the time he and Kol got together, he wasn't guilty, he was too lost in the passion to feel anything else, but now that the night had ended, all there was left was guilt of what he had done.

After making sure Kol isn't awake, Brayden slowly got out of bed, he grabbed his pants and boxers and after wearing them, he wore his shirt and grabbed his coat, he slowly walked over to the door, not wanting to wake Kol up because he knew if that happened, it would be impossible to leave.

Just as Brayden's hand touched the door knob, he was suddenly forced to turn around and was caged between the door and a certain original.

"Sneaking out, darling?" An amused Kol asked, "That's a little rude, don't you think?".

"Move, Kol" Brayden said.

"No can do" Kol said, stepping closer to Brayden.

"Kol" Brayden warned.

"Brayden" Kol teased.

"Last night shouldn't have happened" Brayden stated.

"Last night was inevitable" Kol retorted, "It was always go to happen".

"Look Kol, I can't be in a relationship with, my life is already too complicated, I don't want to add to it" Brayden said.

Kol smirked, "Who said anything about a relationship, darling?" he asked.

Brayden looked at Kol in confusion, "What the hell do you want from me then?" he asked.

"I just want you" Kol replied honestly, "Look, you and your soulmate are broken up, right now, you are single, allowed to do anything and anyone, so stop feeling guilty for no reason".

"Stop confusing me even more then I am" Brayden snapped, shoving Kol away from him.

Kol sighed, "Look, I know there's going to be a time when you are going to have to choose between me and Caroline, and if you do choose her, I will step back, but right now, like you said, you are confused, so spend some time with me, get to know me again, make new memories with me, then make your final choice".