seventeen

17. Because The Night

"Wait, you and Kaitlynn took Elena to New York and not me?!" an angry Brayden asked his twin through the phone.

"I knew this was going to be your reaction, it's the reason I didn't pick up the phone the first twenty times you called" Damon said.

"I can't believe this" Brayden snapped, "I need a vacation more than that doppelganger, Damon".

"The reason I didn't bring you along with us is because this isn't a vacation, Bray" Damon defended.

"What?" a confused Brayden asked, "If not a vacation, then what is this spontaneous trip to New York about?".

"This joyride is actually a cure hunt" Damon clarified, "The vampire Katherine sent after Hayley, he's a old friend of ours, Bray".

"Which friend?" Brayden asked curiously.

"Will, from New York" Damon reminded.

"Wait, Will, is he the guy who got vampires fake identities?" Brayden asked.

"Bingo" Damon confirmed, "I'm sure that Katherine was one of his clients".

"Wonderful" Brayden mumbled.

"Look, just be a good brother and keep Mystic Falls afloat for me" Damon said, "You've got an immortal named Silas to deal with, remember?".

"Trust me, I remember" Brayden assured.

***

"This is a nightmare" Fae complained, as her and Caroline stood in the living room entry and looked at the extremely messing house, because of the party Elena threw.

Caroline looked at Fae, "The brothers don't expect us to clean this, do they?".

"They better not" Fae stated, "I am not touching any of this, god knows where all those grubby hands had been before".

"Hello, love" Klaus greeted, entering the room.

Caroline looked at Klaus in confusion, "What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Yeah, shouldn't you be chasing Tyler to the ends of this earth?" Fae asked.

"Depends, do either of you happen to know where the young Brutus is?" Klaus asked curiously.

"We know where he's not, here" Caroline replied, "He gave Matt the deed to the house, so he's gone for good".

Klaus nodded his head, he then walked closer to Caroline "Tyler made it his life's mission to kill him" he reminded, "You can't hate me for driving him away".

"But we can, and we do" Caroline retorted, she then lightly pushed Klaus away from her, "And can you please keep your distance from me, I need my personal space, so go away".

"Actually, we asked him to be here" Stefan informed, as he and Brayden entered the room.

"Not we, he" Brayden corrected, pointing to his brother.