seventeen

17. Know Thy Enemy

"Isobel just showed up at the front doorstep" Stefan informed his brothers, as they walked down the stairs.

Isobel, Elena's biological mother, and Alaric's wife, showed up at the Gilbert's front door last night, telling Jenna that she is Elena's mother and Alaric's wife, and that both Elena and Alaric knew about her being alive, causing Jenna to feel extremely betrayed.

"What the hell is she doing here?" Brayden asked confused.

"I don't know, that's what I'm gonna go find out" Stefan replied.

As the brothers reached the bottom of the stairs, Katherine came and blocked their way, "I don't think you should tell her that I'm here" she said.

"What?" Stefan asked confused, "Why?".

"It's better if she and John not know that I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb" Katherine replied.

"You're the one in cahoots with them, you made a deal with John that almost got me and Brayden killed" Damon reminded.

"I did what I had to do to get out of the tomb" Katherine defended, "Now I'm reconsidering my alliance".

"You know something" Brayden realised, "What is it?".

"I know that I want Klaus dead, which puts me squarely on team you" Katherine replied, "Besides, if you three ever need me to swap places with Elena again, the less people know that I'm here, the better, think about it, Stefan, come on, be smart".

"If he was smart he wouldn't have dated you or your doppelganger" Brayden said, making Stefan glare at him, but Brayden ignored him and looked at Katherine, "Here's the thing, Katherine, if you didn't want Isobel or John to know about you, then you should have just kept your stupid little mouth shut, and we would have no reason to mention you to anyone, because if you couldn't tell, we don't like you, specially me, but not that I know you don't want Isobel or John to know about you being free, you best believe, the next time I see them, guts are being spilled".

"Brayden, you can't--".

Brayden ignored Katherine and turned to his very amused twin brother, "Call Ric, and tell him that his supposed dead wife just showed up at his current girlfriend's house".

After giving Katherine a mock smile, Brayden walked away, while a vary Katherine looked on.

***

"Yeap, everybody's dead" Damon confirmed, as he, Brayden, Fae and Jeremy entered the Martin witches apartment.

"We need to pack up their grimoires" Fae stated, looking at all the grimoires Dr. Martin had, "Some of the grimoires here are centuries old, we have to make sure they're in a safe place".

"Remind me again why we are not just lighting this apartment on fire?" Brayden asked.

"For once in your life, don't be disrespectful" Fae scolded, making Brayden roll his eyes.

"All I'm saying is that I don't bury people, I burn them" Brayden said, "Burying people is Damon's job".

Damon sighed, "Fine Brayden, I'll bury him" he said, wrapping Luka's body in a carpet.