two

02. The Night Of The Comet

Caroline groaned when the sunlight hit her face and disturbed her sleep, she slowly opened her eyes, and realised she was in her room, Caroline sat up and frowned, she doesn't remember coming home, let alone sleeping in her own bed.

Caroline looked to her side table and checked for her phone, wanting to know what time it is, when her eyes landed on a note, that said, For Princess, From The Hide And Seek Expert.

Caroline grabbed the note and looked at it in confusion, but opening the note, all her confusion disappeared.

Good morning, Princess,

Hope you had good sleep, you might want to drink some aspirin for that killer hangover you probably have. By the way, I bought you home after I realised your friend ditched you, I didn't tell your Mom that you were drunk, I just told her that you fell asleep in my car, so don't panic.

See you at the comet Princess or maybe even earlier, who knows ;)

p.s I still meant what I told you on the road, you really need new friends, real friends don't leave their drunk friends alone.

p.s.s I hope you know CPR, because you just took my breath away.

Caroline laughed at Brayden's cheesy pick up line, after reading Brayden's note everything that happened last night came crashing back to her, from her meeting Brayden's twin brother Damon, to Vicki getting attacked, to Bonnie leaving her at the Grill and then lastly, Caroline remembered her meeting Brayden again.

Caroline laid back on her bed and squealed loudly, after four months, Caroline's mind was finally at rest, she had finally met the mysterious stranger, and he was even more charming then she had originally thought.

"Caroline?" Liz called out, entering her daughter's room, "Are you okay? I thought I heard you scream".

Caroline looked at her Mom, slightly embarrassed that her Mom heard her squeal, "I wasn't screaming Mom".

"Then what were you doing?" Liz asked confused.

"I--Um", Caroline fumbled with her words, she didn't want to tell her Mom that she was squealing because the guy who has been stuck in her mind for the past four months, has finally made himself known to her.

Liz looked at her daughter in confusion, she had never seen her always confident daughter fumble with her words, that's when her eyes landed on the note in Caroline's hand, she couldn't read what was in the note, but she could read what was outside it, For Princess, From The Hide And Seek Expert.

Liz smiled at her daughter, realising the reason as to why she heard her scream, "Is that note from Brayden?".

Caroline looked at her Mom wide eyed, "Mom it's not what you think".

"Relax Caroline, he seems like a nice guy, plus his Zach's nephew, I have no problem with him" Liz assured.

"Zach?" Caroline asked confused.

"Zach Salvatore" Liz replied.

"Salvatore" Caroline mumbled, she swears she has heard the last name somewhere else, her eyes widened in shock, when she realised Brayden had the same last name as the new guy, Stefan, which meant Brayden and Damon were the older brothers of Stefan, but that made Caroline wonder, if he had two brothers, then why did Brayden only mention Damon to her?