Chapter 225

Jennie was still worried about Chaeyoung, but due to Lisa's obstruction, she could not just go and "save" Chaeyoung. She was unhappy the entire way back.

She even gave Lisa a knock to the back of his head!

Lisa stayed low-profile. Sensing Jennie's disgruntledness,
he did not mind it and drove straight to the Hibiscus Garden.

Jennie was still concerned about Chaeyoung. After dinner, she took her phone and snuck into the third floor of the house.

It was spring, the sun shone warmly in the day,
while comforting breeze blew at night. After an entire winter of sleeping, those exotic plants had begun to unfurl their branches and bloomed.

The moon was clean and bright as it glowed softly in the gentle night.

Jennie unlocked her phone and was going to call Chaeyoung  when a text message came from her.

"Jenjen, I'm doing fine, don't worry!"

Jennie exhaled in relief. She typed on her phone, "Jisoo did not harm you, did he?"

After sending it out, Jennie regretted her actions a little for infringing on another's privacy.

When they had left, the sounds coming from inside the room seemed suspicious, they might even have some kind of a sensual relationship...

Thankfully, Chaeyoung was a pretty open to discussions like this.

She replied, "I'm okay. We can only wait for what happens in the future! He's not the kind to give up easily, so this thing between us wouldn't end so quickly. It's hard to say."

Jennie understood Chaeyoung's feelings. She did not know what happened between her and Jisoo, but if she switched them out for herself and Lisa, it would not have ended so quickly too.

"Alright, see you tomorrow!"

Keeping her phone, Jennie looked around and saw the flowered plants that she named Hope Bamboo Basket had begun a new growing cycle. Recalling that it had been a while since her last visit, Jennie walked around in the house.

The plants that Lisa were taking care of had begun to sprout. Even tropical plants like Hope Bamboo Basket had acclimated to Luo Hai's weather.

Jennie caressed the sprouts and smiled.

'Even plants can renew their life force, so why can't humans do the same?!'

...

When Jennie came downstairs, Lisa had just received a
call. Something the caller told him had made his face change abruptly!

It was a long while before the man replied, "Let our men control the situation. Transfer the patients to the general hospital, transfer Ye Kun to military general hospital and let Third Uncle handle him. I'll be there ASAP!"

It was rare for Jennie to see Lisa behaving in such a way
that portrayed shock, and even more so, a ferocious hatred!

Jennie did not know what happened, but she had a subtle feeling that something had gone wrong. She approached him and asked lightly, "Lisa, where are you going?"

Lisa did not speak. By the time Jennie was contemplating
how to ask to go with him, Lisa had already retrieved his jacket from upstairs.

He caressed her shoulder as he dropped the fierceness in his eyes and said affectionately, "Stay here, I'll be back really soon. Drink some milk and get some sleep!"

Jennie had an urge to say that she wanted to go along, but she knew it would not work the moment she saw Lisa.

Seeing his back, she thought, 'Who's that patient
Lisa was talking about?'