Chapter 380

Tian Qi hung his head while tears glistened in the corners of his eyes. This unshakable man could not stop his tears from streaming down his face. "I've disappointed Big Brother Jisoo! I've also disappointed myself..."

As he said this, he snuck a glance at Jisoo standing beside him. The man's face was ghastly.

Jisoo sighed again. He could not bear to do this. "Don't worry, that man didn't die. He wounded some of our men previously, so you're actions were impulsive, but they weren't too severe based on the circumstances."

Tian Qi's eyes lit up when he heard this. "In the future, I'll..."

"You can never return to the army!"

Jisoo rudely interrupted him. "The lightest punishment would be to strip you of your military rank so that you'll never be recruited again!"

Chaeyoung saw the light in Tian Qi's eyes vanish instantly.

When they left the detention center, Jisoo made a phone call to Lisa. After they exchanged pleasantries, he told Lisa about Tian Qi's situation.

"I can't make a scene here because of my military rank. Can you contact some of uncle's old subordinates to get that blockhead out?"

Coincidentally, Lisa was currently lacking a staff member like this. He wanted someone who was honest, quiet, highly skilled in combat and had a clean background.

"This Tian Qi seems like someone who was perfectly made for me. Don't worry, I'll make sure that he gets out. When that time comes, he'll be working for me!" Lisa said with a smile.

Jisoo heaved a sigh. He lamented, "That's my beloved disciple! I raised that boy ever since he was young and you stole him away. I'm not happy about this!"

Lisa knew that Jisoo usually had his own methods of getting along with people. Although he seemed extremely ruthless and strict, he cared about his relationships with other people. He was stern with his subordinates, but he was also empathetic toward them.

Lisa consoled Jisoo by saying, "His talents won't be wasted as one of my subordinates. I'll need more staff members once I've returned to Luo Hai. You already know that there are a lot of people who want to cause my downfall here."

Jisoo nodded when he heard this. "When I come back, I'll return to Luo Hai with him so that we can attend your wedding together."

...

Tian Qi's incident reached a conclusion quickly. Chaeyoung's heart was filled with grief, but she also rejoiced when she discovered that Tian Qi's military rank was stripped and he was kicked out of the army.

It was fortunate that Jisoo had made arrangements for him right away. There was someone in Luo Hai who needed Tian Qi to be his bodyguard. This was the best escape route for Tian Qi.

...

Chaeyoung returned to the days when she busied herself with her graduation dissertation. Since Jiao Shuzhen had acknowledged her as her daughter-in-law, it was time to prepare for her wedding now.

Jisoo was swamped with work in the military, so he left the two women to deal with this on their own.

On one hand, Chaeyoung was still young. On the other, she had no connections in Capital City. She could neither help with the small nor the important matter, so it seemed like Jiao Shuzhen was making all the decisions on her own.

Chaeyoung had handed in her information for the political screening. Since she was an unregistered person, information about her past could not be found anywhere. She had neither a registered permit nor an identity card before she came to Capital City. She did not even have a credit card of her own.