Chapter 382

The probability of getting pregnant in situations like these was very low. They could try in vitro fertilization, but there was a high chance that the baby would be miscarried before it reached full term. The mother's body would treat the fertilized egg as a foreign body and expel it...

"Little Park, if you marry Jisoo, you might... You might... You might not be able to have your own children throughout your entire lives..."

Jiao Shuzhen was truly troubled by this matter.

Chaeyoung held the report tightly. She lowered her gaze and stared firmly at the words on the report. The words kept getting clearer, but her memories and consciousness got blurrier.

She recalled the worrying dream that she recently had.

All of the happiness that she possessed vanished into thin air when she woke up. She was not lucky enough to love a respectable man who felt the same way about her. It was impossible that everything would work out so perfectly. Everything was over now because she had awakened from her dream. She was back to square one.

"Aunty, are the results of this examination final?"

Chaeyoung had yet to fully accept this. The people in the mountains where she grew up in simply got married and had children without thinking. People like her who were unregistered citizens were the result of families having too many children. She never imagined that people would predict whether they would have children in the future before they were even married...

"No, they're not. That's why your uncle and I discussed this. We were planning to take you and Jisoo's samples to another reputable hospital to be tested again." Jiao Shuzhen did not hide this from her.

They had prepared two sets of their samples beforehand because it was difficult for Jisoo i to move freely while he was in the army. He was currently in Luo Hai, but that did not affect anything.

Chaeyoung closed her eyes. Deep down, she fully understood this already.

The institution that did their laboratory tests belonged to one of the bigger and more renowned hospitals in Capital City. They would get the same results even if they were to go to another hospital. Due to this, Jiao Shuzhen cried and turned into a mess when she saw the results.

Her son had decided on this woman whether Jiao Shuzhen liked her future daughter-in-law or not. Judging from Jisoo's reaction, he would remain faithful to Chaeyoung even if she was unable to bear him children.

Thus, Jiao Shuzhen was worried that the Kim Family's line would end here in the future.

"Aunty, regardless of the outcome, you don't have to worry. I won't act selfishly... I won't selfishly put myself first..."

"I'm not going to trouble you if I'm truly unable to marry Jisoo!"

It was extremely difficult for Chaeyoung to say this. Her complexion was ashen and the world that she had built in her mind suddenly collapsed when she thought about the possibility of her leaving Jisoo in the future.

Jiao Shuzhen did not dare to believe the things that she heard. Shao Jingshan was also slightly shocked by this.

Due to the Kim Family's status and financial circumstances, most people would desperately struggle even when issues like this cropped up. They would strive for a chance for themselves. Unlike this stupid girl, they would never easily give up!

"Little Park, you... How can we compensate you?" Jiao Shuzhen blurted out. In her mind, she could not allow her son to just sleep with this woman for nothing if he did not marry her...

Chaeyoung bitterly laughed when she saw the look of disbelief on their faces. Her voice was not loud, but she spoke in an extremely earnest and steady manner. "Aunty, I don't want any form of compensation. Big Brother Jisoo has already given me enough. I have an education and the ability to work now, so I can survive on my own..."