Chapter 240

When the sound of flowing water ceased to be heard from the bathroom, the man came out wrapped in a towel. His muscular chest was radiant and enchanting. Glittering water droplets then flowed down his abdominal muscles and trickled on the furry rug in the bedroom.

Lisa cast a gaze at Jennie and faintly smiled. The
attractive but bewitching curve on the corners of his lips made it impossible for others to pry their eyes away.

"Are you still waiting for me, Mistress?"

His extremely gentle and tingling voice made him seem like a.completely different person from the stern man who constantly acted as though he controlled the entire world during the day.

Fearful that Lisa would make demands of her again, Jennie hurriedly hid under the blankets when she heard him speak.

"Mistress is already asleep!" When she spoke, Jennie made snoring noises on purpose.

...

Major Crimes Department

Jennie returned to work. Jennie's heart was filled with
uneasiness as she had disappeared for more than a week without applying for leave absence. It was fortunate that everyone seemed to have forgiven her.

Everyone smiled at her despite the envious looks that seemed to have forgiven her.

Everyone smiled at her despite the envious looks that seeped through their gazes at the thought of her week-long holiday.

Conversely, they were so busy these few days because of the Zong He case that it seemed like their brains were about to fall out. However, they did not dare to reveal any traces of this in front of Jennie.

Obviously, Jennie would not have thought of that. She went looking for Huai to report to him first. She sat in the office and listened to the chatterbox Eunwoo blabbering about how much he had 'missed' her these few days...

It was fine that Huai remained silent without mentioning it. Jennie thought to herself that he was probably doing it for Lisa's sake.

Influential people could really get away with anything.

It was no wonder why Lisa said that it would make no difference whether she went to work or not. She was simply in a position where it did not concern her.

Nonetheless, this woman was slightly disappointed because no one had acknowledged her although she was highly ambitious.

When it was almost noon, Huai called Jennie and Chaeyoung to his office.

"Little Park, there's a task for you."

Huai passed the files in his hands to Chaeyoung as he spoke. Chaeyoung suspiciously took the files while Jennie sneaked several glances from the side.

"I'm going to East Bridge City?"

Chaeyoung asked while her gaze shifted towards Huai after she had finished looking at the case files.

"Yes, we've received information from our hidden lookout that the female ringleader of a child trafficking syndicate in Luo Hai has presently fled to East Bridge City."

"We're going to send someone over to support and collaborate with the other branches to arrest this woman. Since we don't need so many people here because our cases haven't had any developments, you can go and assist them for a while. Yes, this can also be considered as a brief public expense vacation!"

For some reason, Jennie felt as though she saw a hint of
uneasiness in Huai's gaze when a serious person like him
mentioned the public expense pleasure tour.