Chapter 229

Jennie was not someone who was very sentimental and she had seen many separations and death.

In the past when she was studying abroad in the UK, she secretly went to the middle east war zone with her friends before graduation. She saw many refugees dying ruthlessly in the camp and was able to remain calm while facing death. Thus, she became a volunteer out of compassion and kindness.

Even so, when she saw the patients at the in-patient ward today, she could not control the uneasiness in her heart.

It felt like she knew everything but was not able to stop it...

Most of the victims were patients who later on recovered from mental illness. Thus, the credibility of their testimonies was very low and will not have any legal effects.

As the representative of the police, Chaeyoung came to comfort the victim's families and to understand the situation. While she was at it, she could also find out if there were any more clues to be discovered.

There were two to three people living in each bed-ward. Chaeyoung and Jennie paid a visit to all the rooms and the last room that they visited was a big ward. The hospital was very crowded and there were a total of six patients in this room.

"It's too cruel. He was fine and was about to be discharged, but now he needs to be hospitalized again..."

The old lady at the bedside close to the door was looking at her husband with tears running down her face.

"Previously, she went there because of Zong He's hardware conditions, but now it turned out to be a poisoning case!"

The two men by the bed next to it were looking at their unconscious daughter furiously.

Chaeyoung comforted, "Rest assured, everyone. The police are now involved in the investigation and will soon give everyone an answer!"

The family members of the victims heard Chaeyoung's words and started sighing. Since it had happened already, they felt very helpless.

"Grandma, the surveillance camera shows that you went to Zong He to visit your husband in the past few days. Is there anything unusual that you can still remember?" Chaeyoung took out the record book and asked the old lady by the door.

Most of the family members have gone to the police station to make a verbal report and Huai assigned Chaeyoung to track a few key targets.

The old lady wiped her tears and thought, she had already said everything that she knew. Her husband wanted to leave the hospital in the past few days and she did try to convince him. Therefore, she seemed to be recalling any unusual incident that happened during that period of time.

Jennie saw this, quickly took out her phone and showed the old lady a picture, "Grandma, have you seen this girl going to Zong He?"

The old lady looked at the picture on the phone and her eyes lighted up as though she recalled something, "Yes, I've seen this girl. She went to Zong He two days before the incident. It seems like her mother lives there. She went to visit her mother and argued with her!"

Jennie thought that this was an unexpected reward, so she looked at Chaeyoung in the eyes. Although Chaeyoung did not know Nancy, she became extremely alerted after this sudden unexpected situation.

"Argued? "Did you hear what they said?" Jennie quickly asked.

The old lady looked a little confused. Older people usually forget about the things that happened, so she had to put in more effort to recall the scene when being asked suddenly, "If I can recall, her mother wanted to leave the hospital. Then, she told her mother that she will pick her up after it is done. That woman was not willing to and she pulled on the sleeves of her daughter's clothes while crying..."