Chapter 388

"Park Chaeyoung, I demand an explanation!" The man's heart felt as free as a grassy field now. He had spent several years waiting miserably for this woman...

The man seemed like he had endured for an excruciatingly long time.

His heart was plagued by various unpleasant feelings since the night Chaeyoung took Jennie in and allowed her to stay at her place. That was how Jisoo discovered Soo-An's existence.

He had drunk alcohol today. Whether Chaeyoung was willing to see him or not, he had blocked off the entrance to her home to get an explanation from her.

Jisoo was actually a good drinker. He could actually drink up a thousand cups of liquor without getting drunk. He had gotten drunk during the two years when he was fooling around in Capital City, but there were very few people who could get him intoxicated.

He had drowned his sorrows in alcohol today.

Chaeyoung never expected that Soo-An's existence would upset Jisoo so much.

She allowed Jisoo to lean on her as she led him inside and poured him a cup of tea.

Both of them looked straight at each other. The man's sharp gaze seemed like it could penetrate everything. Chaeyoung could not hide from his unrelenting demeanor.

Both of them had fought, slept together, experienced the most intimate things with each other, and remembered their past together during the days they had spent in Luo Hai. Chaeyoung's heart was not made of stone. When she was faced with the man she had once loved so deeply, she was worried that she would not be able to restrain herself and fall back into his arms again.

The woman closed her eyes. In a trembling voice, she said, "I told you before that I'm married... The child's father..."

Chaeyoung wanted to continue lying, but she was actually afraid of Jisoo's persistence.

"I know that you're lying! I f*cking believed you when you told me this the last time, but Li Ji has explained everything to me. Stop using that innocent face to fool me!"

The man slouched on the sofa with the floral countryside pattern in Chaeyoung's house. He crossed his legs and cast a sidelong glance at the embarrassed woman.

"Will you believe me if I tell you that I adopted the boy?" Li Ji had previously promised not to reveal An An's origins to anyone else. He had kept his word on this matter.

Chaeyoung knew that it was impossible for her to hide this anymore.

There had never been any misunderstandings between her and Jisoo. They had never spoken to each other in a roundabout manner. She did not want the truth about An An to be a thorn in Jisoo's side.

Jisoo seemed slightly reluctant to believe this. Deep down, he was hoping that the little boy was his own son.

Soo-An really resembled Jisoo when he was younger. Although he knew that the possibility was extremely small, he still harbored some hope in his heart. He purposely took several strands of the boy's hair to do a DNA test.

He was very disappointed by the results because the boy was not his son.

Nonetheless, he was slightly relieved to hear that the boy was adopted. He was not his son, but this could at least prove that Chaeyoung was still his woman after all these years.

He would not believe her lie about being married.

Jisoo would kill any man who touched the woman he had slept with.

Jisoo's eyes lit up as though he had just glimpsed a ray of hope. Chaeyoung hurriedly said, "Big Brother Jisoo, you should stop thinking of me. I'm living a happy life with this child now."