Chapter 309

They did not notice this previously because they were misled by the reporters’ interview footage.

Huai had initially assumed that the interview footage was shot continuously.

The thought suddenly crossed Ma Liping’s mind when Huai asked whether they had stopped filming in between scenes to add extra footage. She said, “We took a break when Mr. Manoban went to replenish the coffee in the middle of filming. An advertisement was being shown on the live stream at that time…”

Huai managed to confirm this through the website and the broadcasting station. A three-minute advertisement was being shown at that moment indeed.

“In other words, all three of you drank the first batch of coffee together, but Taecyeon drank the second batch by himself once it was refilled?”

“Yes, that’s right!”

Huai’s thoughts had cleared up. Taecyeon's second cup of coffee was the cause of their problems. This meant that the killer had already calculated that he would refill it and have another cup!

“Bring me Mrs. Manoban's statement from her previous interrogation!” Huai ordered.

Chaeyoung knew that Jennie and Tzuyu were close friends. She noticed that Huai’s attention was constantly focused on Tzuyu. She muttered to herself that nothing right was going to come out of this.

Huai watched all of the statements that were related to this case. He clasped his big hands together and quietly said, “I’m going to the crime scene again!”

*

Huai walked around the inside of Peace Mansion.

The crime scene had been sealed since they finished their previous checks.

Xue Meiwei heard that the police had returned. She reluctantly got up and went outside to look.

Within a few days, this elegant and respected woman had now become terribly feeble. She became so skinny that she looked like a completely different person.

Her only remaining servant supported Xue Meiwei as she walked. The woman said in a trembling voice, “Captain Huai, you’ve been busy for so many days. Are there any new developments in the case? The major crimes department won’t be able to rest as long as this case remains unsolved. Jae-wook has already spoken to our local representatives…”

Huai glanced at Xue Meiwei. He realized that this old woman had probably suffered terribly when she lost her son. Although he was usually an unyielding person, he became more compassionate now.

“Don’t worry, Mrs. Manoban. I’ll handle this case properly even if the local representatives aren’t pressuring me. Victims are still citizens regardless of their statuses as wealthy aristocrats or common people. It’s my duty and responsibility to solve these cases.”

Huai spoke gently and behaved humbly. He was respectful towards Xue Meiwei because she was about the same age as his mother.

Frankly, he had initially refused to deal with aristocratic families. As a normal person who was used to the chaos of everyday life, he was not used to these wealthy individuals who looked down upon everything.

Xue Meiwei chuckled dryly. “Thank you for your trouble, Captain Huai! Since you’re here again today, what can I do for you? Please let me know.

Huai asked flatly, “What was Taecyeon and his wife Tzuyu's relationship usually like?”

Xue Meiwei became slightly agitated when Huai asked about Tzuyu. Her eyes shot open while her voice became more high-pitched. “Did Tzuyu do this to my son?”