Chapter 258

The Manoban Family had informed the Mcdonie Family about Yanni's funeral arrangements. Although Yanni had left home for many years, she was still able to assist the Mcdonie Family as she was related to Shu Heng by the law of marriage. However, the Mcdonie Family completely severed their ties with Yanni after the scandal that occurred later on.

As of today, her two older brothers were the only surviving members of the Mcdonie Family and neither of them cared about her at all. There was actually no response when news of Yanni's death was communicated to them.

The world treated you based on your successes and people did not necessarily wish you the best.

Although the Mcdonie Family did not care much for one of their own, the Old Mistress of the Manoban Family could not ignore this for Somi and Nancy's sake.

Thus, she bought a favorable plot in the cemetery and buried Yanni there. On the day of the burial, the seasonal cloudy weather brought about the pitter-patter of light rain.

The Old Mistress did not personally attend the funeral instead she arranged for Tzuyu and Jennie to accompany Nancy instead.

Despite everything, she was Nancy's only living relative left on this earth. To be more exact, she was Somi's sole surviving relative!

Her father had abandoned his wife and daughter while her younger sister had died to protect her. As of today, her only relative had also passed away. Somi's heart of stone must have felt at least a sliver of emotion.

Nancy leaped forward and attempted to snatch the box of ashes just as the coffin was about to be buried. She miserably screamed out, "Mother, don't... don't go..."

The burial workers exchanged glances but none of them dared to make any rash movements.

Jennie believed that at that very moment, Nancy's true
feelings and emotions were finally revealed. Unfortunately, it was too late as both of them were on opposite sides now.

Since Tzuyu was the eldest sister-in-law and had been sent to the funeral by the Old Mistress, she had no choice but to fulfill her duties during these occasions.

She brought the maids to pull Nancy away before she consoled her, saying, "Nancy, control yourself. Aunty Yanni is gone..."

Nancy began to cry uncontrollably as she was pulled aside. When she saw that Lisa who had been standing beside her, holding a black umbrella to shield Jennie from the rain, she suddenly threw herself into his arms and loudly wept. "Brother Lisa, I... I'm a real orphan now..."

Nancy's body was damp with the rainwater that had just
splashed while her little face was pale with shock. Moreover, her dark purple lips and dripping wet hair that stuck to her forehead made her look pitifully frail.

Jennie and Tzuyu were both shocked.

This somber occasion was certainly not an appropriate time for arguments. Jennie remained silent and simply fixed her gaze on Lisa.

Nancy hugged him tightly and miserably wept while Lisa's face clouded over with uneasiness. He held the umbrella with one hand and continued to shield Jennie while his other hand gently patted Nancy's shoulder. "Nancy, your grandmother still loves you so don't worry."

Lisa then turned towards Tzuyu and whispered, "I'm sorry for troubling you, sister-in-law."

Tzuyu knew what he meant and went over to drag Nancy off Lisa's body. Nancy's emotions were still agitated. She wailed loudly, "I need you... I need you to love me..."

Jennie's heart thumped in excitement.

Although she looked calm, Jennie actually felt as though that in a certain corner of her heart, a bottle had been knocked down causing jealousy to spill out everywhere uncontrollably.