Chapter 341

The car drove all the way onto the Third Ring Road, and the traffic gradually grew heavier.

It was not an exaggeration to say that a person's status and power were defined by which ring road they lived in in the Capital City.

Watching the line of cars advance slowly, Jennie glanced at the time and realized that she was caught in rush hour.

She panicked a little and said in a low voice, "I'm sorry that I dragged things until now..."

She had been in the Capital City for a few days, but she had not paid her mother-in-law a visit.

Just yesterday, Jimin suddenly mentioned that he had a meeting to attend, so he came over with her from City A.

Jimin's company was in City A, which was very close to the Capital City. Usually, he would bring his son here to see the Old Mistress, but Jennie rarely went with them.

Jimin saw her apologetic look. He knew that there was not much to talk about between her and his family. If he himself did not go back, how was it possible for her to go alone? The well-educated man immediately comforted her. "It's alright. You're here with your professor to learn, not to travel. Even if you don't go home, Mom won't blame you anyway."

Jimin was concerned for her. He reached out to hold her hands, but Jennie hurriedly withdrew her hands and pretended to do her hair.

"Mom sounded worried on the phone earlier. She was afraid of interrupting your work..." Jimin spoke honestly.

Hearing that, Jennie was slightly relieved. She had met her in-laws several times and had always felt that they were very approachable. She believed that her mother-in-law was a reasonable person and the family did not have the kind of superior air common to powerful households.

Perhaps because Jennie and Jimin's marriage happened so suddenly, her mother-in-law had been very tolerant and often deferred to her judgement.

While the Old Mistress missed her grandson, she would cautiously give Jennie a call to get her permission before asking Jimin to bring the kid home.

Regarding her in-laws, Jennie had always felt inexplicable guilt towards them.

What she had with Jimin, it was only a pact...

Their journey on the road had been delayed by an hour. Only after that, did they manage to reach the military compound.

This was the residence of retired veteran cadres. Jennie had been here a few times, but she could not remember the roads. She only knew that this was the gathering place of the Capital City's bigwigs.

The security was extremely strict, and one had to go through one checkpoint after another. There were never smiles on the guards' faces. They were equipped with live ammunition, and only ever showed grim faces when interacting with outsiders.

This was one of the reasons why Jennie did not want to come by herself.

Besides, she was afraid of bumping into Jisoo.

Generally speaking, this was a vast area filled with single-family small villas as well as guards. All residents went in and out by car, so it was unlikely for them to bump into each other easily. However, Jennie somehow still felt uneasy.

Jimin had not returned for a long time, so when he entered the main gate, his face did not hide his excitement.

He asked the driver to slow down, wanting to take a good look at the military compound where he had spent decades of his life.

Jennie did not have any sense of closeness for this solemn place. In the first half of her life, one-third of it was spent in Xi Fan; another one-third in Luo Hai; while the rest of her life could be described as drifting about.